sharetrader
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Aapl

Sooooo.. Apple Cars - what do people think?? Personally I think that it is an excellent strategy by Apple - Imagine their stylish design on an uber smart car, self driving, solar etc + the tech possibilities are endless! They have the cash, and are poaching the talent - All in all, I am thinking that soon might be a good time to take a position for the future of automobiles... Don't think the smart watches is the greatest move - hopefully they will provide some SP weakness for an entry.

My preference would be for Apple to provide the Dashboard/Entertainment and Control systems. They then outfit existing car manufacturers with these Siri-enabled control systems, which would be an extension of their home automation system.

I think it would be distracting for Apple to be working on chassis design and car propulsion, whether it be electric or fuel cell hybrid. I would prefer they left that to the actual car manufacturers. An alliance with Tesla Motors would be ideal, and it would make sense, both being premium industrial design companies.

I definitely see your point, however*my thought is that cars have changed so little over the last 50 years that its time for a complete overhaul.
    I would expect an apple car to be as revolutionary as the ipod (precurser to iphone) - and therefore be nothing like any other car on the market. Something along the lines of a design which focuses on the self driving aspect - inward facing seats with an entorage (cant spell!) of entertainment in the middle. Kind of creating a new sort of living environment that transports you in good fashion....

i cant wait til they arrive and after that i cant wait til i can afford a garage for my house to keep one safe, while saving to buy one - some time around 2030 by my estimate! im sure they will kick ass.

Apple's quarterly earnings were very impressive: revenue up 27%, profit up 33% to $13.6 billion. Those are extremely impressive numbers and demonstrates that Apple doesn't suffer from the Law of Large Numbers yet. Growth is mostly due to the 71% increase in sales in China. Gross margin for this juggernaut is a very healthy 40%.

Apple sits on a phenomenal cash pile of around $173 billion. Wall Street Journal reports that the cash pile is greater than the market capitalisation of all but 15 other companies on the S&P 500. Being a dividend guy, I love the fact that they will pay a 11% increase in dividends.

However, I'm very lukewarm on the $140 billion share buyback, especially when the share hovers at an all time high. I'd rather they pay out a special dividend, even if it's less tax efficient for shareholders. Share buybacks are better left to times when the stock price yields a below average historical price-earnings multiple. Although at 17, Apple's P/E is not expensive, but a few years ago it was trading at a P/E around 13.

Unlike the Wall Street Analysts, I'm unconcerned about the slow down in iPad sales. Sales of the iPhone are much more important. You don't carry an iPad everywhere you go, but you do tend to carry a phone everywhere. And with the larger 6 Plus screen, that could have been a substitute for the iPad anyway. As these consumer tech companies build out their capability, it's going to be more about buying into an ecosystem rather than an individual device.

I think there's plenty of other categories where Apple can grow. I think I'll remain a happy holder as long as Jony Ive remains at the design helm. He was the reason I held on after the passing of Steve Jobs. Glad I did.

Here is an interesting bit of "fundamental analysis" and suggests punters out their stop losses in place

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/conn...he-apple-watch

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Here is an interesting bit of "fundamental analysis" and suggests punters out their stop losses in place

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/conn...he-apple-watch
    Would argue that when the iPod and iPhone both launched, kids probably wouldn't have had much interest in the devices either.

Quote Originally Posted by pknz View Post
    Would argue that when the iPod and iPhone both launched, kids probably wouldn't have had much interest in the devices either.
    I diagree - I was 15 when the iPod came out - mp3 players and minidisk's were all the rage - if you had a cd discman you were old-fashioned. When the iPod came out all the kids wanted it, not many could afford it however..

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    I diagree - I was 15 when the iPod came out - mp3 players and minidisk's were all the rage - if you had a cd discman you were old-fashioned. When the iPod came out all the kids wanted it, not many could afford it however..
    I am slightly younger than you, I don't recall seeing any iPods at school until the iPod mini came out in 2004. I don't remember many kids talking about them until 2004... (I also don't recall minidisks being popular).

Hey I was just looking at Apple here

And at the bottom you can see that Insider Transactions which brings you here

And this shows, if I am reading it right that the CEO may be selling shares recently.

Date Name Title Volume Trade Price Holding Change
    11/09/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $120.81 -0.95%
    11/06/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $121.23 -0.94%
    11/05/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $121.94 -0.93%
    11/04/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $123.07 -0.93%
    11/03/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $120.73 -0.92%

Am I correct to say that:
    He sold 10K shares in the various months?
    In Sept2015 he reduced his holdings by -0.95%?

Can anyone advise if I am correctly or incorrectly interpreting this?

For my ref: apple(AAPL) is trading at $99.96

I think that is correct except for the dates, it is in the format MM/DD/YYYY