sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aapl

Default Aapl

New iPhone September 10, rumours of a lower cost model. Last announcement had a major positive impact on the share price. Anybody know much about how this stock is valued and what may happen this time around?

150Bn cash.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=AAPL+Analyst+Estimates
    I suppose there are quite a few reasons the market decided to discount Apple, , the loss of Jobs' innovation and leadership, intense competition from Samsung, erosion of margin , and that the share price had climbed parabola-like. And with technology stocks there is always a possibility that the heyday of being No.1 can fade quite quickly eg RIMM or Blackberry as its called now.

See the graph shown to compare these two stocks and you notice how similar they are except that Blackberry is leading the way (to zero?) by about 5 years!
    Apple vs Blackberry.JPG

However by any normal estimates of business continuity there are some strong views that the discounting of Apples shareprice got overdone, and of course the price has come from off the lows just below $400, and given some indication of a turn (higher highs and lows).
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

Its sometimes the simplist of analysis that shows people what markets can do. I have a friend hear in NZ who bought into Tesla around the same price as your friend Sparky and he raves on about his amazing investment style. (Just noting it hasnt worked in the past until now!)

This article is ostensibly good news for MSFT but tells us a lot about Apples dominance in te tablet arena

http://www.wired.com/business/2014/0...cid=co16550894

only people with Iphones actually spend any money..... says a lot I reckon

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/ap...ommerce-2014-1

I have a feeling aapl is a broken stock. Nothing they can do seems to make the market happy. 51 million iPhones in a quarter is a miss. Unless they release a new product category, despite their profitability and earnings, the SP seems cursed. Aapl the stock and Apple the company are two entirely different things, and buying the stock based on the success of the company would appear to be a dangerous strategy.

Apple on fire, exchange rate better than ever, dividend going up, share buy back increase, 7-1 stock split... Get in now and go long.

Disc. Long on aapl

Oh, and new products in the pipeline...

I have a whopping 15 Apple shares bought at $460US. Hugely exciting things happening.