sharetrader
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aapl

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    This is share trader. co. nz where people get information that helps making investment decisions. And so far, Apple for me at this stage is not a good investment because all of the above. Of course what mobile suits one best is a very personal experience.

kind regards
    Part of your investing decisions involves "brainwashed fan boys and girls". I have already asked you to expand on this as I'm quite concerned re the brainwashing.

Also, you haven't shed any light on the Supermachine or the profit share?

Do you think I should put my money into Google as they have the "Android Google CLOUD lock" but don't really have much in the way of hardware. Or do you recommend I put my money into Samsung who have the hardware, but really fall down in software and services?

pknz: it's easy for me . Apple and Android/Google are in a lock re: their respective market share for total global sales:

Aapple 10% and Android/Google 35%

...at this stage this lock is quite steady and each party tries to break it. So, I think Apple at this stage has only it's propaganda machine at his disposal not the products that dominate the future

kind regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 16-06-2014 at 02:41 PM.

pknz:

fan boys_girls/brainwash:Apple states: "the 4" screen is the ideal size"
    This is despite the fact that 90% of the market did not think so. Apple never had a 4" display prior to the 5 and will have larger screens moving forward
    Moving forward, Apple now needs to re-educate the fan boys_girls into thinking larger screens are the way to go

kind regards

pknz:

fan boys_girls/brainwash:Apple states: "the 4" screen is the ideal size"
    This is despite the fact that 90% of the market did not think so. Apple never had a 4" display prior to the 5 and will have larger screens moving forward
    Moving forward, Apple now needs to re-educate the fan boys_girls into thinking larger screens are the way to go

kind regards
    Are you able to provide some reputable sources that references this brainwashing scheme?

pknz:

... am trying to follow up on your requests but it takes some time to sort out sources as a lot of that stuff is in my head. But first things first:

IOS8 is unreleased yes but announced at Apples WWDC a couple of weeks ago. So not all but the majority of developments are public property.
    If you care to read into it, you will maybe see that it's a HUGE catch-up exercise of things, android/Google users enjoyed for years

kind regards

pknz:

... as far as numbers goes:

http://www.fool.com/investing /general/2014/15/google-thrives-apple-worries.aspx

kind regards

pknz:
    ... am trying to follow up on your requests but it takes some time to sort out sources as a lot of that stuff is in my head. But first things first:
    kind regards
    I have no doubt a lot of it is in your head.

pknz:
    ... as far as numbers goes:

http://www.fool.com/investing /general/2014/15/google-thrives-apple-worries.aspx

kind regards
    1. That is a broken link.
    2. You must have missed my underlined word above. I'll repeat it and bold it for you here: reputable.

On January 21, 2010 Fool.com posted an article: "The Worst Stocks for 2010: Apple." AAPL closed Jan 21, 2010 trading at 208.07. AAPL closed 2010 at 320.56.

... unfortunately, this discussion has now turned into useless blah, blah

kind regards

... unfortunately, this discussion has now turned into useless blah, blah

kind regards
    Incorrect. It turned into "useless blah, blah" at your first mention of brainwashing.

...there has been an issue with the use of the word 'brainwash'
    The use in the context:
    -despite market offerings in mobile technology, far more advanced in most aspects than aapl-products
    ... in the writers opinion, buying an aapl-products is irrational behavior
    In the writers opinion, there can be only 2 reasons for such irrational behavior
    -aapl fan-boys_girls
    -brainwashed (through aapl advertising for example)

kind regards
    -
    Last edited by ananda77; 18-06-2014 at 06:45 AM.