Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
JB, I haven't seen too many producers with total costs that high. I assume they have taken the data from financial reports so you would hope is accurate. This is why you are selective about what gold stocks you buy. If some of this production is shut down then that is a positive imo as I don't invest in those stocks & it means there is less production. South Africa is where they are really struggling, but yes I am sure there are some that are struggling in Aussie as well.
Well there out there in large numbers it's really only a matter of time before we see many hitting the wall >>and having to come to S/H to stay afloat esp if Gold stays or goes lower ....

I'm currently going over some PM producer ann reports,, I really don't think many investors understand is how slim profits are for many PM producers currently....all in costs for the likes of NCM is round $1400oz EVN $1430oz SLR $1325oz OGC $1000 PGI $800-900

Fact is many a PM producers Mgmt like to talk up mining costs being low but once you include the all in costs to mine they go up $300-$400per oz............or look at there profit numbers Qty you see it far from good ...then in many cases micro-jnr start up producers are having to pay back debt leaving nil to neg margins even if they were making a slime profit.....