sharetrader
Page 1 of 120 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Juniors

Hybrid View

Default Gold Juniors

Hi All, thought a thread on gold juniors might be of interest, either near term producers or small producers you may think will become bigger & better. I have a background in trading gold professionally & also advising Aussie miners on commodity markets & price risk.
    I now invest in these sort of companies for myself & as a fund manager for others.

To kick off a couple of my favorites are MYG, PXG which I both hold & NST which I have just sold out of (taking profit).

Be good to get other's thoughts.

Cheers Daytr

Hi Daytr.

What are your thoughts on GOR?

After a long down trend it popped up yesterday as a possible buy from a technical perspective. On the rise again today.

Hi Strat, yep I do like GOR, but there's something about them that just doesn't grab me as much as others & I'm not sure why to be honest. Perhaps they just need to get better at promoting themselves. I like the fact they cut the board to reduce costs that shows they are disciplined. The high grade deposits are on the small side but then they have the 1M ounce plus of low grade. At least they have plenty of cash to keep them going for a while. When are they taking it to bank feasibility? Do they need to find more before they do?

IMO

PGI PGI and PGI (l0west cost)followed by
    BDR (with iron ore credits),DRM and bigger MML NST KCN

avoid RED which im losing on.

PGI are low cost because they aren't mining, its a tailings project. At $70M MC I think they are reasonably well priced however we are talking around $300M of free cashflow but that's over a few years. The upside really will come from exploration, always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Hi Strat, Do they need to find more before they do?
    Sorry. Cant answer that question.
    All my buys and sells are based on TA only.

Yeah PXG been one of the better Explorer's that has some small production ...my fav explorer (don't hold currently)

PGI-Producer-Gold/silver because I've seen so many start up producer's hit the wall using the old tech and having issues with their ore and cost of digging it out of the ground /underground etc enviro issues .. ..

..PGI new tech has the ability to recover through re-treatment of a old tailing's dam .....Low cost high profits will be huge going forward I could see PGI having operation's all-round the world using the tech the've fine tuned to recover much more gold than old methods ....

PanTerra Gold utilises Xstrata Technology's patented Albion oxidation process which renders inert and non-soluble, toxic sulphur and arsenic contained in the refractory ore, thereby eliminating the threat of acid mine drainage, and providing a net benefit to the environment.

http://www.panterragold.com/site/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I hold PXG and MYG- suffered like the rest- if PXG can prove up 4 m ounces it should be on its way, MYG still has funding issues but hopefully are being sorted. I like PGI, its producing so cashflow and its low cost around $400 an ounce - same with CDG. (Don't hold those).

Whats Your view on PGI Daytr?

main issues I think the Market see's is in country risk and reserves ....

with round 6 more years of reserves to be process at Las Lagunas... PGI long term driver could well be the results from the drilling program in the Dominican Republic... with very high grade Cu.Au.Ag in grab samples I'm looking forward to the drill program to start ....also of course another large Tailings deposit would also work esp in another country would diverse the risk ....must be Moz of gold tailings round the world
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-08-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Well I think they are really a gold price play more than most as they have the gold already mined. Shame they had to hedge 1/3rd at $1320 as I think gold will be a lot higher. They definitely have upside imo, but I don't think as much as some others who are spending all their money on exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Whats Your view on PGI Daytr?

main issues I think the Market see's is in country risk and reserves ....

with round 6 more years of reserves to be process at Las Lagunas... PGI long term driver could well be the results from the drilling program in the Dominican Republic... with very high grade Cu.Au.Ag in grab samples I'm looking forward to the drill program to start ....also of course another large Tailings deposit would also work esp in another country would diverse the risk ....must be Moz of gold tailings round the world