sharetrader
Page 53 of 124 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Juniors

Anyone holding or keeping an eye on CAV.asx ...some very impressive samples announced ....Carlin style targets ...50% of the shares traded today huge Daytrader interest ...has potential to be the next SFR

http://www.carnavaleresources.com/images/CAV-2pp.pdf

A good post from sydneysider on HC ...gives you some idea on CAV

During 2007 -2008 and prior to the major discovery at Degrussa SFR was a greenfield explorer capitalised at around $40M.

CAV is also a greenfield explorer with 2 major U.S. projects, on which 5 high grade targets have been defined for further drilling. Four anomalies have been defined at Red Hills that extend out from surface mineralisation and historic mining that are all potential "Carlin style" copper gold elephants. This is where folks like Newmont purchased Fronteer Gold in 2011 for $2.3 billion for 4.3M ozs of gold with potential to grow to 10 Moz and represents the southern extension of a "set-off parallel trend" to the Carlin Trend, and is about 150 kilometres from Red Hills.

Fronteer shareholders also received shares in a spin-off company called Pilot Gold that has made another exciting gold discovery on another "set-off parallel trend" to the Carlin Trend at Kinsley which is only 50 kilometres from Red Hills and is already capitalised at C$90M.

CAV sits directly ON THE CARLIN TREND and is capitalised at $3.5M with recently generated technical reports that indicate massive conceptual upside IF results continue to run in a positive direction. IMHO CAV could easily we worth over $10M just on its currently generated data base, which points to a share price north of $0.06

This does not take into account the Sandfire / Degrussa "Look Alike" at Little Butte, Arizona, where CAV has identified a shallow zone of low grade oxidized gold / supergene blanket that extends for over 300 metres and overlies a deeper fresh rock target. Geophysical work will be completed to define this deeper target for drilling. Please do your own research, do not rely on these speculative assumptions but good luck to all longs.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-05-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

PGI have put on about a third over the last week or two, but on quite low volumes so it doesn't suggest anyone has caught wind of something. I'm thinking it's more that the large sellers in PGI of late have done their dash and there's not much appetite from anyone else to sell down at such low levels. Intriguing, though.

EVN picks up Cowal from Barrick for A$694M, very big ticket item for EVN. There was quite strong rumour that OZL were the favoured bidder.
    Seems on the face of it fair value for such a big & low cost producing asset. Not too many around I would have thought that offer both & available to pick up. Huge cap raising now for EVN & big debt, but at ASIX of A$850-900/toz it will be a massive cash earner for them producing around A$150M pa at current prices. Cap raising at hefty discount to the current price for EVN at 90c. I've shorted OZL this morning on the back of them missing out as I think the SP had reflected some of the speculation that they would be the buyer. It will be interesting to see where EVN prices when it re-opens for trade.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Wow IGO announce takeover bid for SIR as well. Must M&A Monday!
    Paying a pretty premium of around A$600M not including the demerger assets.
    You want to hope copper & nickel prices do ok!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Yep M&A like it was 2001-2004 all over again ....a warm-up to a the big rise in the PM's ?? signalling a turn from the many years of Bear trend ?

EVN also invested near 20mill into PXG recently ..so unlikely now they will go for the rest with this lastest news ...also I read that Zijin was a late stage bidder for Cowal ?? they also hold round 9% of PXG .... talk about interest from the big end of town now we just need more than the day traders interest and we might finally see some real ..insto-retail buying of the PM sector,,

Holding only PM sector -BOK,PXG,CAV,RMS .sold out of PGI 21.5c av
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-05-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

pgi is looking cheaper today...

Yes but just checkout the depth to buy on market your paying 21c ....not that I think PGI is going to rocket anytime soon ...2017-18 before we see the polaris project kick into gear(but still much risk + funding needed) ,,thats when PGI will be have the driver to see 100x current market value on the right numbers
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-05-2015 at 05:56 PM.

POG off to weak start in the US as the US$ index strengthens. $1195 as I write.

Yep, almost back into my buy zone. I've been short & its paid off. Some of the gold stocks were looking pretty lofty as well imo, however the Aussie was off to which will help as will all the M&A activity

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yep, almost back into my buy zone. I've been short & its paid off. Some of the gold stocks were looking pretty lofty as well imo, however the Aussie was off to which will help as will all the M&A activity
    What do you have eyed for a buy?

Thinking of selling OGC before it falls too much more. Would this be wise and then re-buy when it's lower? (New to gold stocks).