sharetrader
Page 61 of 124 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Juniors

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    It's been a great last few months for many of the gold juniors.

I've got a mix of producers and explorers. Most of the producers have had a good few months, standouts have been RMS, MOY, SAR, BDR.

I see volumes starting to rise across many of the explorers I hold and prices slowly moving upwards. Some of my explorers (WCN, ARD, IVR, BGS) should have some drilling results released soon so hopefully positive results combined with a rising gold and silver price will give the share price a good boost.

Was going to say does anyone have WCN & BYR on their radars and thoughts?

Spot gold just went through 1240(us),
    and MOY is up 7.4% again today, very happy with the run this one is having,
    also nice announcement from KDR today, they seem to have their house in order.

Guru

Honestly can't find a producer with as much upside potential at a still low buy-in price as MOY.
    * No hedge
    * Debt free
    * Drilling campaign hitting high grade strikes at multiple locations
    * Mineral resource upgrade announcement scheduled for this month

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Was going to say does anyone have WCN & BYR on their radars and thoughts?
    Hi Clip,

I hold WCN and BYR.

I bought WCN as:
    - <10m market cap
    - Multiple exploration projects on the go (gold and nickel) in Australia and Kyrgz Republic
    - lots of announcements coming up in the next couple of months
    - volume has been building recently and it's been trading near the top of the 0.06 - 0.09 trading range it's been in for months

Downsides that I see are low cash, (possible?) sovereign risk in Kyrgz Republic, lots of shares on offer.

BYR I bought into mainly as:
    - seemed like very prospective areas where's they're drilling with good results so far
    - I liked the chart
    - Management and geo seemed credible

BYR is operating in DRC so sovereign risk is a factor.

Both WCN and BYR are on the speccy end of my shares. High risk but possible high returns.

Personally I'm picking gold/silver to have a big run in 2016 and 2017 so I've bought companies I think will do well if that occurs. I've got about 20 gold/silver stocks on the ASX plus OGC on the NZX.

Thanks Corran. Am holding a bunch of WCN oppies, considering picking up a few BYRO as well for a speccie 'just-in-case'. Liking the WCN news flow/announcements due over course of this year and hope it will run on good results
    Nice post/table from CAS777 on HC (post http://hotcopper.com.au/posts/17143805/single) with some potential due dates for assays/drilling/results etc Attachment 7920

Huge move in PGO today 31.8% on raising funds and outlook of production starting soon ....did place an order but wasn't filled ..so cancelled not going pay more at this stage

Did get some TRY which I think will continue to move higher,,,,got a order in place to BUY more @ 41.5c .....great mgmt here one of the few to have a long history of paying out some of the profits to S/H's through Divi's rather than to feather their own nests ...

MKO ...happy to hold .... EAR moving much higher (should have brought) Bring on the merger

NKP--6.5c..... so much going on behind the scenes here....one of the few PGM plays ....also looks like I missed out on recent low BUY not filled....12c T/O offer coming soon IMHO but think round 20-25c will be the price we end up agreeing on ...

PRU .... T/O ..merger ....recently having a smaller cap than RMS(much lower EV) yet soon to have 15x the Gold resource ...only Aus producers with bigger resource in Aussie will be NCM / AGG round the same as RSG....

Australia's Perseus Mining (PRU) has made an all-scrip bid worth $85 million to take over London-listed Amara Mining AMARA.L , looking to pool their West African gold resources as bullion prices defy gloom in the commodities sector.

Perseus said on Monday it was offering 0.68 of a new Perseus share and 0.34 of a Perseus warrant for every Amara share, which it said valued Amara at 14.6 pence a share, or 61 million pounds ($85 million), a 42 percent premium to its close last Friday.

The deal, unanimously backed by Amara's board, would give Perseus Amara's Yaoure gold project in Cote d'Ivoire, adding to the Edikan gold mine that Perseus owns in Ghana. The combined group would also have two undeveloped projects in Cote d'Ivoire and Sierra Leone.

"If approved by Amara's shareholders, the proposal will potentially transform Perseus into a leading mid-tier West African gold producer delivering significant benefits to shareholders of both Perseus and Amara," Perseus Chief Executive Jeff Quartermaine said.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 03-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Ha Ha, cant see your mko sell there now. I guess you think it will go even higher!?
    The market does not seem to know what to make of the Perseus deal, but does look like the makings of a winner over time. (any buy in price in mind?)
    I got just a few EAR when they were under .10c and i'm watching closely as the new Board has encountered difficulty in obtaining access to the Company's records andexploration database. The material was previously in the possession of Dr Kohler and heldat the Company's office.The Company has repeatedly requested that Dr Kohler provide this material, The Company recently obtained access to the Company's registered office by having the locksreplaced. However, upon entry it was discovered that the material was not in the office. They may need that in order to go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    Ha Ha, cant see your mko sell there now. I guess you think it will go even higher!?
    The market does not seem to know what to make of the Perseus deal, but does look like the makings of a winner over time. (any buy in price in mind?)
    I got just a few EAR when they were under .10c and i'm watching closely as the new Board has encountered difficulty in obtaining access to the Company's records andexploration database. The material was previously in the possession of Dr Kohler and heldat the Company's office.The Company has repeatedly requested that Dr Kohler provide this material, The Company recently obtained access to the Company's registered office by having the locksreplaced. However, upon entry it was discovered that the material was not in the office. They may need that in order to go forward.
    EAR....disgruntled ex mgmt.... MD ?? the bastards ...hopefully can get sorted out before long ..yeah thought if the merger went ahead the market would drive the MKO SP well north ...not planning on buying anymore at this stage

ended up taking a profit on my TRY.asx ($520 not bad for 24hr hold)....will buy in again soon hopefully low 40's

Yes I agree PRU good Buy with a longer term outlook ....even been looking at PAN today that has a gold & PGM projects but main focus
    is on Nickel ..

I see PGO surged another 20% today ...I knew they would wish I kept my 17c shares now they are trading at 35c..... exactly as I predicted 100% growth but on even less news that expected ...wouldn't buy at current price too much to prove much like AYC which has also moved higher of late....higher risk reward IMHO

Really some of these micro-cap goldies starting to look like they have run passed fundamentals compared to say the bigger end of town,,,,

ended up buying MGX-cash up Iron ore & ACG med tech both look undervalued ,, swing trades
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    EAR....disgruntled ex mgmt.... MD ?? the bastards ...hopefully can get sorted out before long ..yeah thought if the merger went ahead the market would drive the MKO SP well north ...not planning on buying anymore at this stage

ended up taking a profit on my TRY.asx ($520 not bad for 24hr hold)....will buy in again soon hopefully low 40's

Yes I agree PRU good Buy with a longer term outlook ....even been looking at PAN today that has a gold & PGM projects but main focus
    is on Nickel ..

I see PGO surged another 20% today ...I knew they would wish I kept my 17c shares now they are trading at 35c..... exactly as I predicted 100% growth but on even less news that expected ...wouldn't buy at current price too much to prove much like AYC which has also moved higher of late....higher risk reward IMHO

Really some of these micro-cap goldies starting to look like they have run passed fundamentals compared to say the bigger end of town,,,,

ended up buying MGX-cash up Iron ore & ACG med tech both look undervalued ,, swing trades
    TRY's off to the races bro!!

Yeah brilliant didn't expect that strong move in gold overnight AArrrgh ....could have been an easy $1500 profit selling today ,,