sharetrader
Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Juniors

Well, I've just picked up some TRY at 145.5. I'm satisfied after quite a bit of research that this low cost producer will return well enough on my investment.

SBM bid is close to being taken as well.

With the Rupee strengthening against most currencies now, I'm picking that Indian wedding and harvest gift buyers will begin purchasing more earnestly through the remainder of this month and early October. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it....at least for now.

Much is being made of this week's so-called 'tapering' which is an euphemism for not-quite-printing-as-much-extra-money per month as has been done over the past few months. So-called 'qualitative easening' #1 tapered to zero, likewise QE2 but this one is hardly being tapered at all. If the Feds stopped QE altogether they know that the stockmarket would crumble - and the US politicians and career bureaucrats prefer a slower death where the real substantial pain is inflicted upon their nation's children (i.e. after they are no longer in power). The national debt ceiling if lifted will push the US's debt/GDP ratio over the threshold used by the IMF in Europe to justify a bailout...and the rhetoric is meanwhile full of lies about a US recovery being just around the corner. Do the Math - it won't happen anytime soon. I'm buying Gold and Silver stocks accordingly. It's not a matter of 'if' their shareprices rise, but 'when' - I'm picking later this week. Already today it's bouncing up off a double bottom at 1310USD.

Don't miss the wave.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 17-09-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Daytr - RSG has a much higher All-in cost of $A1375/oz (c.f. others listed above which operate at under $1000/oz - AQG, SBM, etc).

AQG is trying to sell out of Australia and put all its eggs into one Turkish basket (but is otherwise attractive with a very low operating cost). My pick of the three is probably SBM, which if I time it right could climb up easily and quickly from its current 59-62c range. I'll be watching it closely tomorrow.

Disc: Current holdings in FML, GRY, EVN, OZL, PDN, PNA, WHN, GBG, ERA, JPR and CFE.
    Yeah also been buying CFE bobcat think we'll be happy later this year ....with the right anns should see 100-200% return by then
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Daytr - RSG has a much higher All-in cost of $A1375/oz (c.f. others listed above which operate at under $1000/oz - AQG, SBM, etc).

AQG is trying to sell out of Australia and put all its eggs into one Turkish basket (but is otherwise attractive with a very low operating cost). My pick of the three is probably SBM, which if I time it right could climb up easily and quickly from its current 59-62c range. I'll be watching it closely tomorrow.

Disc: Current holdings in FML, GRY, EVN, OZL, PDN, PNA, WHN, GBG, ERA, JPR and CFE.
    Yeah also been buying CFE bobcat think we'll be happy later this year ....with the right anns should see 100-200% return by then
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Sold out of my reasonable holding in KCN this morning on POG breaking $1300, booking a small loss. Kept my smaller EVN stake as they have a reasonable hedge in place at A$1598. So pretty much on the sidelines until POG settles. Good luck y'all

Call me a gambler but I'm holding and buying more today confident that 1292 will hold. If that breaks overnight, next support is quite a bit lower, and I lose out, but hey it's September (10 years of seasonal patterns must count for something!). The Bears have ruled these puppies for several weeks now. The FOMC meeting could well provide the fuel and trigger to reverse that trend.

Have a good evening chaps (don't lose much sleep),

BC

Keep an eye on PGI think they will fly today>>>low depth on offer ...Know of a buyer after 300-400k likely today

some good moves on open EVN 15% KCN 18% NST 9.8% NCM 8% come on PGI only 3.7% (we need update on production)

Yep took a 20% profit on KCN this morning from where I bought on the close last night. I've held EVN.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    some good moves on open EVN 15% KCN 18% NST 9.8% NCM 8% come on PGI only 3.7% (we need update on production)

Cool The BEAR is dead long live the BULL??

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yep took a 20% profit on KCN this morning from where I bought on the close last night. I've held EVN.
    Yes very good ..I see the top movers on the ASX200 all gold producers ....

As for the short term I really thin T/A wise Gold will trend higher from here to till 1410-1420oz USD resistance area ...just checkout the 6 month chart 1350 has been a very pivotal point of late...

au0182nyb.gif

upcoming bullish news for GOLD
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98G0KD20130917
    Lew repeated a warning he made last month that Treasury would run out of borrowing options around mid-October, when he said that Treasury would be left with only around $50 billion in cash on hand. Default could come soon after that.

Really shows how screwed up the media is ...I watch hours of CNBC per day for the last couple months all I kept hearing was the "TAPER"!!! ...the taper is coming!!! the US is looking great bah bah ...so far nothing on the Debt ceiling NOTHING round a month to go ...and the ten of thousands of US Gov workers won't be getting paid .FBI,CIA, etc.. Every Thursday, the Treasury pays investors back about $100 billion that investors immediately lend back to the government, a process known as rolling over the debt.

"If U.S. bond holders decided that they wanted to be repaid rather than continuing to roll over their investments, we could unexpectedly dissipate the entire US cash balance,"?? panic stations
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.

It's days like these that make being a gold bug so worthwhile.

Iron Ore / Nickel producers also fairing well. My MBN bought at 6.7 yesterday is looking good but gold producers are getting a hefty hike.

Discl: still holding GRY, EVN, SBM, TRY and a few other mineral diggers (will look to sell tomorrow 3pm-ish, otherwise Monday). Even with the massive 20% hike on some gold stocks this morning, there's at least a couple of days of bullish sentiment to get these climbing higher - and besides we have yet to recover from the 25% slide on some stocks over the past week (e.g. KCN, SBM, etc). Knowing when to sell is just as important as knowing when to buy - some would argue more important.

Now I just need Fukushima to be repaired so that my ERA and PDN can lift.

I've flown to AKL this morning to take family out to dinner (today's windfall makes me feel sufficiently generous to pick up the tab!)

Enjoy the wave, boys. Surf's up.