sharetrader
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Guru

Maybe they are expecting rapid growth? But even then I do agree that going to the NZX main board with only $11m market cap is a bit ambitious, I am worried that the extra compliance costs could increase costs significantly (but I am not sure so thoughts on this would be much appreciated).

I suppose extra exposure the NZX main board has will mean people look and track the stock more? more liquidity?

I still think GEO has great long term potential, just needs a bit of time (like PEB and XRO)

(Disclosure: I don't hold, but close people to me do)

Guru

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I suppose extra exposure the NZX main board has will mean people look and track the stock more? more liquidity?

(Disclosure: I don't hold, but close people to me do)
    I don't understand the thinking behind that in this day and age. How does a "main" board create more exposure? All stocks have a 3 letter acronym regardless and they are all accessible thus on our pc's/tablets. I gravitate to an AX stock as easily as to a NZX stock....

Happy to be corrected.
    Last edited by blackcap; 21-07-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Guru

To be honest, I don't really get it either... but this is just what the market seems to do/say... I am just as interested in say Burgerfuel as I am with Fletcher Building (in fact I am hungry to watch Burgerfuel more than I am to watch Fletcher Building)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I don't understand the thinking behind that in this day and age. How does a "main" board create more exposure?
    In theory the NXT should have more exposure because they will have an analyst report (how many outside the NZX50 have those) and they have a market maker to give liquidity (to small traders).

Having said that, I am not sure how easy to trade an NXT stock is - is it the same as a NZX one (once you are set up) or have they added an level of complexity which will scare people off? ANZ and ASB have full electronic trading for NZAX stocks so no impediment to trading there so hopefully it is the same for NXT stocks..

Guru

They have announced the details of their SPP. The price is the same as the current market price (48c) so I dont expect there will be any takers. Normally you get offered a small discount. Glad I didn't buy in to get the arbitrage.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 08-09-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Option B should still be of interest.

Default GeoOP SPP

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    Option B should still be of interest.
    The 5 day averaging period for the SPP opens tomorrow, current share price $0.45 compared to the placement price of $0.48. It will be interesting to see if there is any price pumping. Lots of discussion happening on the NBR site http://www.nbr.co.nz/tags/geoop.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Survfer View Post
    The 5 day averaging period for the SPP opens tomorrow, current share price $0.45 compared to the placement price of $0.48. It will be interesting to see if there is any price pumping. Lots of discussion happening on the NBR site http://www.nbr.co.nz/tags/geoop.
    Those NBR posts are hilarious.

The two new investors have been announced (http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...placement.html) not sure how VC's are going to help out but it is a vote of confidence. Will be interesting to see if they can increase their scale but I still dont think their unit economics work.

Looks like the NBR are not allowing posts on GeoOp articles anymore. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/geoop-l...arter-b-180372 I think I'll be waiting a while before the shares get backup to my purchase price. If ever.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Looks like the NBR are not allowing posts on GeoOp articles anymore.
    They have disabled all comments on all posts as they let a dodgy one through over the weekend so need to review their procedures.

I must say it does make reading the NBR a bit more boring.

GEO Op is finally moving in the right direction. Growth only 40%ish but they seem to be keeping costs constrained (staff numbers down).