sharetrader
Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Would you like them Couta? They at a bargin basement price, cant go any lower, they a winner for sure, no worries
    No thanks, I've sold enough mutts this year to fill up the city pound. Sticking to blue chip pedigrees going forward.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-03-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but if GEO delists from the NZX and lists on the AX what does that mean for NZX shareholders?
    Just had this happen to me with OGC. At least with ANZ Share and Bond Trading (and I would guess ASB too), you can place a sell order on the ASX for the shares that have been transferred without needing to be set up with a chess account or anything. But unless you are set up properly, you can't buy them back again.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

I never saw what was so great about this company, came on the market just as Xero was doing exceedingly well and investors heavily linked it with Xero since it had prior staff from Xero and was in the space of doing tech, which even Wynyard and Sli were highly valued at that time. There was nothing too proprietary about what they did and trying to sign up tradies to use tech? Didn't they know tradies love under the table dealings? Or that tradies aren't the most motivated adopters of tech? If Pacific Edge had a hard time selling a bladder cancer test to highly educated men, how was geo-op meant to get better success?

From their interim report its actually rather shocking to see they needed to acquire another company to make their numbers look good or else they would be at 20% growth from mind you a rather small base of revenue. I've seen Snakk grow faster and yield nothing special, so why would these guys be any better?

For me it's worth $5 million in intrinsic value or 7 cents per share.
    Just my thoughts anyway.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 29-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    There was nothing too proprietary about what they did and trying to sign up tradies to use tech? Didn't they know tradies love under the table dealings? Or that tradies aren't the most motivated adopters of tech? If Pacific Edge had a hard time selling a bladder cancer test to highly educated men, how was geo-op meant to get better success?
    Never really followed this company and did not know what they did. But getting tradies on an app? How bloody stupid is that as a business model.

Been watching the shares over the past few days and now up to $0.20. Who TF is buying? It seems "their" only plan is to short their own shares on a ASX release if that is even possible?

I smell a rat but not one based on a successful business, innovative solution or company or anything to do with profit. It simply seems to be boiler room tactics?

Do they even qualify for the ASX? Too many questions for my little brain.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Been watching the shares over the past few days and now up to $0.20. Who TF is buying? It seems "their" only plan is to short their own shares on a ASX release if that is even possible?

I smell a rat but not one based on a successful business, innovative solution or company or anything to do with profit. It simply seems to be boiler room tactics?

Do they even qualify for the ASX? Too many questions for my little brain.

Yes I noticed the share price has gone up to $0.20 as well and I also thought WTF is going on?! Weird as

Does anyone have any thoughts on the
    GEO Interim Results HY17?

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the
    GEO Interim Results HY17?
    -100% margins and rising debt.

They're in a highly competitive market and their customer growth is not sufficient enough to hit that "critical mass" in the next 5 years.

A basic valuation is sitting well below the current SP as we see share dilution dump shareholders value for the next 5-10 years.

6. SHARE CAPITAL
    Balance at 30 June 2016 -- 49,393,299
    Balance at 31 December 2016 --- 70,574,926

Wait till you see something really turn around before you put a penny in there.
    Last edited by hardt; 29-04-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It seems fairly valued at 20c.

It does have huge support at 16c and if it can list on the ASX with more liquidity there's upside.

Not that I'll buy it anyway.

...Please, the share price goes up/down 10% when someone just buys $5,000 worth of shares!
    Don't touch this one with a 10ft pole!

That's the issue. Not buying but selling. I'm one of the idiots that swallowed the hype so now stuck with a massive loss of tens of thousands of dollars if I sell.