sharetrader
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A bad sign because the media are there to hound Mark Weldon for his resignation from Mediaworks, and aren't interested at all in reporting on GeoOp?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
    A bad sign because the media are there to hound Mark Weldon for his resignation from Mediaworks, and aren't interested at all in reporting on GeoOp?
    The NBR will not do that - the journo will get fired!

The other media reporters were waiting outside to 'interview' him and after actively courting the media in the past, he is now avoiding them like a cat turned mouse!

Sad bad state of affairs for NZX, MediaWorks and GeoP.

Did anyone go to the meeting? How much much BS was feed?

Veteran novice

I don't normally pay much attention to tech companies - well outside my area of competence these days - but couldn't help noticing GeoOP mentioned in a recent AFR article concerning a prominent Aust - I think - private equity operator who has had considerable success in turning around the fortunes of certain high tech companies. According to this article GEO is one of his current projects for resuscitation and on-selling.

This is probably old news, but new to me so would appreciate clarification, if only out of curiosity!

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    and it's now listing on the ASX.
    Funny! Just like them moving to the main board here?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    one-for-three rights issue
    Well they had to so something. A quick glance at their accounts would show that they could not operate much longer without an injection of cash. Look at current assets - current liabilities. Does not look good.

What's happening here?, worth a punt?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by smz View Post
    What's happening here?, worth a punt?
    Its been a dog for me so I wouldnt touch it but who would know if its worth a punt??

They have a revenue of a couple of million - which is cottage industry size - and it has taken years to get to that, churned through piles of cash , shareprice that has dropped from like $4 to less than 20c with the 52week low and high only 2c apart so pretty much stuck there- huge turnover in staff and management with a lot of the original guys cashed out and long gone - they appear to have little cash and still burning through it with the need for more very soon pretty obvious - but most of all the product is a bit of a me to type thing, not particularly innovative in any way - with middle of the road customer reviews and a healthy churn of customers each year and dozens of competitors both locally and global sized to contend with.

But hey, people also buy lotto tickets and occasionally they win big and the ROI is in the millions of percent - of course the vast majority just lose everything apart from some worthless bit of paper. So as long as you know what you buying you could be the one .
    Last edited by JAX; 09-02-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks for this. I'll steer clear.

Cheers,