sharetrader
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Good list there although I disagree with SLI being called a mutt. Yes the sp performance has been terrible, but it is not in the same breed as the others. It has real revenues and a proven product. SLI Market cap is currently $22.4m on revenue of $31m whereas GEO has market cap of $12.7m on revenue of $2m. SLI have not needed continual capital raising since IPO and have a long 15+ year history as a company. When you compare that to GEO it makes the current GEO sp seem crazy. How could it ever have been valued at $2.50+ per share?
    I guess it all comes down to how you classify a mutt.I bought SLI in 2013 for $2.25, it hit around $2.90 during that period, I sold it in 2016 for $1.14 and it's currently trading at 36c. It's chances of ever getting back to my buy in price of $2.25 are miniscule IMO, hence my classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Good list there although I disagree with SLI being called a mutt. Yes the sp performance has been terrible, but it is not in the same breed as the others. It has real revenues and a proven product. SLI Market cap is currently $22.4m on revenue of $31m whereas GEO has market cap of $12.7m on revenue of $2m. SLI have not needed continual capital raising since IPO and have a long 15+ year history as a company. When you compare that to GEO it makes the current GEO sp seem crazy. How could it ever have been valued at $2.50+ per share?
    SLI went through the similar hype train like the rest of them, reality set in and the market corrected the mistake...

SLI can't survive without constant improvement and innovation, which as we know full well, is not free = capital reserves will not last forever.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Not sure why people love NZ SaaS stocks so much, hoping to get in on the next XRO maybe?

There were plenty of other companies offering a better service than GeoOp at the time, surely people did their own research into it... right?
    Is it because many investors feel that they ought to be in tech-type stocks - blame Google, Amazon, Facebook etc - but don't give sufficient thought to the low success rate for startups in this sector? Hence a tendency by many to jump at whatever comes to the lists. Personally, I'm with W Buffett - I don't understand the stuff so I keep out!

Question on market manipulation. If I use my circa $3.00 shares and sell a few small parcels to drop the share price down to say $0.16 or lower then buy some bigger parcels at that rate and sell at $0.20 ish.. making around 15%... is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Question on market manipulation. If I use my circa $3.00 shares and sell a few small parcels to drop the share price down to say $0.16 or lower then buy some bigger parcels at that rate and sell at $0.20 ish.. making around 15%... is that legal?
    You can do whatever you want to, it's about if you can pull it off or not.

Fully legal on market buy and sell orders... easy with the big spread small caps.

Membaa

If your broker, direct or online, has even the slightest suspicion that you're gaming the price, they won't place your orders.

Guru

You've also got to remember (unless I'm missing something here), there has to be a seller for you to be the buyer... in an illiquid stock like GEO you might not find a seller as easy as 'that'

Someone is buying. Only God knows why. My only guess is some GeoOP main investors trying to increase share allotment prior to the ASX. I can't see them pulling it off and they will have a restraint of one or two years so unlikely to make any money anyway.

Guru

If you dump down to 16c, why would others sell big parcels to you at that price? And if large parcels do go through at 16c, that is the new market price so why would people buy of you at 20c. Risky game in an illiquid stock.

Thanks Harvey. At the moment my stock is worth on average 5% of my original buy price.. Just looking for options to reduce the hurt. It's a low six figure loss. Should have bought the boat....