sharetrader
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Survfer View Post
    It’s lipstick on a pig stuff, odds on the Lindsay trust bought into it and now see their mistake. Any investor with an ounce of financial acumen would run a mile after reading their accounts, its only for day traders chasing dead cat bounces.

Where’s the huge untapped market opportunity and profitability just over the horizon they’ve been talking since they listed close on a decade ago. If the market exists they’ve clearly failed, I put ‘job management software’ into Google, got to page 5 without finding them. The reality is they’ve burnt over $30m in investor capital, losses are 10 years times a falling underlying revenue, higher if you add back all the taxpayer subsidies.

If you want to invest long-term in a SaaS business have a look at IKE. It’s not for the risk adverse, they still haven’t reached their early revenue targets and remain unprofitable years after they claimed they’d reach breakeven, their original strategy of selling devices rather than services was a dead end street, it appears they’ve done a lot to fix it. But compared to this POS it has a real point of difference so you’re far less likely to flush your money down the toilet.
    Soooo….do you like it or not? Cant tell…

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Aaron Bhatnagar and family now hold 10% plus

They did exceptionally well with Pushpay

He no clown
    Roger Sharp on the board representing northridge. Well regarded guy. Cant make sense of geo yet.

It does seem odd that so many are keen at 16+ cents and yet they are going to issue an SPP at .13 NZD in November. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/380293 . as for Survfer's comments. Who cares what happened 10 years ago. Its a different company now. Appreciate its a crowded space, but their balance sheet is healthy, unless I'm missing something. I like IKE but I have concerns that there really isnt a massive revenue stream from this niche vertical.

Either can I. All I can see is a vehicle for "executives" to pay themselves investor cash.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Either can I. All I can see is a vehicle for "executives" to pay themselves investor cash.
    Id be interested as to why you think this is the case .... pretty clear the funds being raised are for expansion as opposed to cash burn/exec pay

Cheers

You need to look into the history.

The first CEO positioned herself to make sure she was well rewarded for little to no result (working towards profitably).

If you do the sums it was 7 figures.

percy

Looking to the future;

Purpose of Capital Raising

Proceeds from the Capital Raising are intended to be used to accelerate the development of the GEO platform and support increased go-to-market investment and activities in both Australia and New Zealand, as well as other international markets. GEO’s focus market of ‘tradies’ and ‘home services’ remains early in its transformation to digital and the funds raised under the Placement and this Offer will put GEO in a strong position to address and capture that large market opportunity.

This is all stuff they should have had sorted at the first ipo.

It’s because again Geo is running out of cash. Another company that thought Saas was easy. Wasted millions. Rented offices in Parnell and Melbourne. Over paid their executives.

They don’t know their market. They have massive churn. It’s a dead horse. Fyi I’m an investor sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    This is all stuff they should have had sorted at the first ipo.

It’s because again Geo is running out of cash. Another company that thought Saas was easy. Wasted millions. Rented offices in Parnell and Melbourne. Over paid their executives.

They don’t know their market. They have massive churn. It’s a dead horse. Fyi I’m an investor sadly.
    Why on earth would anyone remain an investor in something that is a dead horse and something that one sees as 'not knowing their market'?
    That makes no sense at all given the other opportunities out there

I’m an early investor and should have sold up before it crashed. The loss is too great to sell. I have other investments which are doing well and not in the high risk category. I’m not worried about the loss. I treat this like a soap opera. It’s kind of sadly amusing what cluster this company is.