sharetrader
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    a habitual investor or an eligible person,
    Not sure I qualify. Has anyone jumped through the hoops to be classed a Habitual Investor (is there a secret handshake?)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I know someone invested in GeoOp already. I think they'll do ok if they can get enough money to fund their growth.
    They haven't convinced you to invest? You would easily meet the eligible person test (and the habitual investor).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I will be jumping into this one the staff who work there are investing which is alway positive plus the software is not expensive to buy so huge potential for growth.

So am I right in saying we cannot take place in the IPO if we are not a habitual investor??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    So am I right in saying we cannot take place in the IPO if we are not a habitual investor??
    i am not sure there is going to be an IPO as such. I read it as they are going to do a pre-IPO round to habitual investors, then do a compliance listing. This is a much cheaper option as the prospectus requirements are less. You will then be able to buy on market.

Edit:

From this article http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/geoo...isting-5542018

Chief executive Leanne Graham, the former New Zealand country manager of Xero, said GeoOp would not initially seek to raise any money from the float, but a listing would make it easier for it to raise further equity in future and for existing shareholders to trade their shares.
    Eligible person: http://www.fma.govt.nz/help-me-compl...ble-investors/

Not great for the DIY people among as as we need to pay someone so verify that we are investors (or wealthy). I note the JOBS act in the US has just done away with similar requirements to help out small business financing.
    Last edited by CJ; 24-08-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Guru

You only need to look at the big holders and they will all be founders or the new CEO is my guess so no issues there. The small holders are probably staff or advisors who took payment in shares rather than cash.

The risk will be with the pre-IPO round - if it too cheap , they may just be in for a stag.

Guru

Weldon's about as useful as a celebrity endorsement for a finance company in the mid 2000's.

If fact probably less as he won't suck in new customers.

The CEO looks promising so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Thanks for the sentiment Sparky. Yes, Weldon has not been very useful lately for DIL, can't right off the entire company based on one man though. Will be interesting to see how she trades over the coming years. Hopefully GEO won't have to apply for waivers!

Also interesting to see the comment at the bottom of the article. Will be looking up simPRO now.
    Moosie, what were your thoughts on simPRO? Also WorkflowMax appears to be a competitor and I was surprised to see that it is owned by Xero - http://www.workflowmax.com/about.aspx

Some brief notes from me about GeoOp:

• GeoOp is targeted at tradies and has the design and applications specifically for this.
    • Mainly selling in Australia where there is a huige market.
    • Commercial agreement with Telstra which is very important to get customers.
    • Links nicely into the Xero eco system and therefore access to applications and addons.
    • Nice marketing and product design.
    • The UI maybe superior however I havent seen the SimPro UI.

I dont know alot of SimPro but from my quick glance at their website they are going after the general SME market (maintenance etc). I dont get the narrow niche focus from SimPro as I get from GeoOp marketing.

Although I think they are in the same space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Moosie, what were your thoughts on simPRO? Also WorkflowMax appears to be a competitor and I was surprised to see that it is owned by Xero - http://www.workflowmax.com/about.aspx
    I will jump in here. Simpro has a lot more functionality but is considerably more expensive. Sort of the Enterprise version if you will. I think the interesting thing is that it is likely that they will both be competing for the same market. Simpro has a module called simtrak which can be installed independently I believe that may be Simpros low end answer to GeoOP.

I never thought about WorkFlowmax as a competitor as it doesn't have the GPS component but has all the job tracking capability.

I saw GeoOP on display at Xerocon in Auckland earlier this year but after talking to the Simpro guys I kinda wrote it off. I may have been a bit hasty. Someone like Leanne Graham has a pretty good track record of picking winners.