sharetrader
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 630
  1. #21
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I never thought about WorkFlowmax as a competitor as it doesn't have the GPS component but has all the job tracking capability.
    That would have to be a risk - cant be too hard to add in a GPS component. Question is would Xero (workflows owner) step on the toes of one of its Alumni?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  2. #22
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Weldon's about as useful as a celebrity endorsement for a finance company in the mid 2000's.

    If fact probably less as he won't suck in new customers.

    The CEO looks promising so will be interesting to see how it goes.
    Well said, CJ.

    Weldon is not highly thought of in the broking community - that much I know.

    ExNZX staff when he was CEO have nothing good to say about him - I have heard terms like 'egomaniac prick, social misfit etc' to describe his personality.

    He milked NZX and the broking/investment community for all he could extract from a monopoly and only a revolt by the listed companies (when he tried to raise charges yet again) stopped him from filling his pockets with more ill-gotten loot.

    Diligent lost credibility when it appointed him as a director imho, and GeoOP should have done more homework before appointing him as Chairman.

    Noticed how Weldon ran a million miles away from Diligent when the **** hit the fan on its listing, but was so quickly to claim credit for any success?
    Last edited by Balance; 08-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.

  3. #23
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,292

    Default

    From some comments in NBR on Mark weldon :

    "The NZSE used to be a vibrant place with many participants and players. Sure it had its faults but which industry does not?

    The industry back then generated a lot of good and high playing jobs, especially for young graduates coming through the system.

    Then came the NZX and Mark Weldon. He saw a monopoly and started cranking up charges, without providing any real incremental services or benefits back to the industry and the market, especially investors.

    Meanwhile, the NZX struggled to keep executives. For example, how many CFOs in ten years?

    Heck, the guy even wanted to charge for real time company's announcements! Just compare what the ASX provides to the industry versus NZX.

    It took a rebellion by some listed companies for Mark to back off from continuously cranking up the (already) exorbitant charges.

    Proof of the exorbitant charges - NZX's profits kept soaring even while the service to the industry deteriorated.

    Net result - sure NZX is now worth $250m more than it was when Mark took over. Good for NZX shareholders, especially Mark Weldon.

    The real cost to NZ though is the loss of hundreds of jobs as firms cut back to stay profitable, and a stock market and industry that has gone backwards in whichever way you care to measure.

    Commerce and finance graduates now cannot find decent jobs in the industry in NZ. Just check with the broking firms, investment banks and employment agencies in NZ.

    They now have to go across to Australia to get jobs.

    And oh yes, how many broking and investment banking firms and staff were there in 2000 versus today? The flow on of this reduced capital market activity is less jobs for the other professions - law, accounting, media, etc.

    Future generations will look back at Mark Weldon and those who supported Mark Weldon (Forsyth Barr especially, the Wellington business mafia, John Key and vested interest groups) as people who destroyed billions of wealth in NZ - all for a sack of silver.

    Reflect on that, folks."

  4. #24
    Senior Member kizame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tauranga, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    From some comments in NBR on Mark weldon :

    "The NZSE used to be a vibrant place with many participants and players. Sure it had its faults but which industry does not?

    The industry back then generated a lot of good and high playing jobs, especially for young graduates coming through the system.

    Then came the NZX and Mark Weldon. He saw a monopoly and started cranking up charges, without providing any real incremental services or benefits back to the industry and the market, especially investors.

    Meanwhile, the NZX struggled to keep executives. For example, how many CFOs in ten years?

    Heck, the guy even wanted to charge for real time company's announcements! Just compare what the ASX provides to the industry versus NZX.

    It took a rebellion by some listed companies for Mark to back off from continuously cranking up the (already) exorbitant charges.

    Proof of the exorbitant charges - NZX's profits kept soaring even while the service to the industry deteriorated.

    Net result - sure NZX is now worth $250m more than it was when Mark took over. Good for NZX shareholders, especially Mark Weldon.

    The real cost to NZ though is the loss of hundreds of jobs as firms cut back to stay profitable, and a stock market and industry that has gone backwards in whichever way you care to measure.

    Commerce and finance graduates now cannot find decent jobs in the industry in NZ. Just check with the broking firms, investment banks and employment agencies in NZ.

    They now have to go across to Australia to get jobs.

    And oh yes, how many broking and investment banking firms and staff were there in 2000 versus today? The flow on of this reduced capital market activity is less jobs for the other professions - law, accounting, media, etc.

    Future generations will look back at Mark Weldon and those who supported Mark Weldon (Forsyth Barr especially, the Wellington business mafia, John Key and vested interest groups) as people who destroyed billions of wealth in NZ - all for a sack of silver.

    Reflect on that, folks."
    All because of Mark Weldon? I don't think so,the market is way bigger than one person,c,mon. And ... He is gone from the scene now so...

  5. #25
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    if he did that for NZX imagine what he can do for GeoOP!

    (just playing devils advocate, don't crucify me please!)
    Difference is that NZX is a monopoly.

    Any idiot can run and milk a monopoly.

    Mark Weldon's entry as director into Diligent (and the subsequent price action) gives you a fair idea of what to expect from Weldon as Chairman.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Anyone hear anything lately about when GeoOp is scheduled to list? Anything about the $8M fundraising?

    12 Questions in the Herald today with Leanne Graham. She's a little bit of alright for 43

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=11130072
    Shes a Grandmother! How old are you moosie!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    so I see moosie is into cougars.. a moose chasing a cougar... Think the cougar could eat the moose up though lol!

  8. #28
    Member Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Anyone hear anything lately about when GeoOp is scheduled to list? Anything about the $8M fundraising?

    12 Questions in the Herald today with Leanne Graham. She's a little bit of alright for 43

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=11130072
    It is also important to note, registered investors will not be able to receive a Disclosure Document and subscription agreement until they have returned all the required documents attached certifying they are eligible investors.

    Please see below for an indicative timetable:

    Registrations of interest close 5pm on Friday, 20 September 2013
    Disclosure Document (subject to approval by the NZX) and subscription agreement sent out to all registered eligible investors From Tuesday, 23 September
    Share offer closes. All subscription agreements must be sent to Share Registrar (Link Market Services) Early October 2013
    Quotation and trading of shares expected to commence on the NZAX Second or third week of October 2013

    Please note: This timetable is indicative only and GeoOP reserves the right to amend it.

  9. #29
    Member Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Thats the info i got last week.

  10. #30
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    1/2+7 = 28 1/2 for her so you are too young

  11. #31
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern BoP..
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    applying the vaunted cougar algorithm are we there CJ? tis ok, my partner will do
    Obviously not if you are window shopping moosie :-))

    RIP moosie :-))

  12. #32
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    a taken man can stilk have an opinion, he is not blind! good thing the missus doesn't follow ST though...
    Given the Man-Crush you had on Handley, you can understand my concern

    Back to the actual company - I wish those accredited investors well. This will add further depth to the sharemarket and if successful, will hpoefully encourage others to list.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pourquoi?
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Still no sign of listing...
    Late October?

  14. #34
    Member Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I'll Post Again

    Registrations of interest close 5pm on Friday, 20 September 2013
    Disclosure Document (subject to approval by the NZX) and subscription agreement sent out to all registered eligible investors From Tuesday, 23 September
    Share offer closes. All subscription agreements must be sent to Share Registrar (Link Market Services) Early October 2013
    Quotation and trading of shares expected to commence on the NZAX Second or third week of October 2013

    Please note: This timetable is indicative only and GeoOP reserves the right to amend it.

  15. #35
    Member Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default

    - Best way to be honest.

  16. #36
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,292

    Default

    Happy to pass on this one.

    Mark Weldon is to be avoided - only knows how to run monopoly and his track record with DIL shows the boy has no substance.

    He is a good time merchant - look at the staff turnover at NZX during his tenure and it tells you a lot about anything connected with him.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.

  17. #37
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,164

    Default

    They have raised $10m (only seeking $8m) and were three times oversubscribed. I'm a bit annoyed I'm not accredited.

    Will be interesting to see how it goes once listed on the NZAX - should have a great start given no new shares issued on the IPO.

    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/xero-geoop-ck-141657
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I will definitely getting in, should be the same as Xero

  19. #39
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
    I will definitely getting in, should be the same as Xero
    Could be but not straight away, if you go back and look at the XRO chart it stagnated for some 3-4 years after listing and only really took off when it changed its original stratgy after its initial one did not deliver and it convinced high net worth angle investors to come on board. From memory there have been 3 major fund raising the last of which raised $180 mil , all the last 2 raisings have been used to gain traction but XRO is still in a major loss making situation and with out the last fund raising it would IMHO be facing major problems
    GeoOP is a vastly different type of company with a far different business model Be awary this is NOT a XRO in waiting, do not get caught up in the XRO hype.

  20. #40
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Mmmm I'm not sure about the info you are providing there whatsup.....
    What part is wrong ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •