sharetrader
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Guru

0 more likely. I don't see them getting to the scale they need to be profitable - their price point is too low.

Contrast to XRO which will get profitable, it's just questionable whether it is worth $2B.

Banned

What is the purpose of this (missed it yesterday)?

https://nzx.com/companies/GEO/announcements/259406

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    What is the purpose of this (missed it yesterday)?

https://nzx.com/companies/GEO/announcements/259406
    it was disclosed in the accounts but they did well to hid the announcement late on Christmas Eve. There was probably a loan associated with it so they had to buy back or it would be a disincentive, not an incentive. So it is probably neutral for her, rather than a nice premium as it looks.

They structure it this way as share options are complicated in NZ.

Banned

Harvey, it was $1 for 500k shares, not $1 per share! Equal to a peppercorn rent back ye olde times. Bizarre as I've never seen anything like this before. Seems like a f***** up Xmas present from "lofty" Weldon to Graham for not performing. How he's going to fix it and, more importantly, who he is bringing in to replace her is the question.
    Last edited by BFG; 25-12-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Banned

I had a very long and vivid dream last night about owning a huge amount of GEO shares and trying to hock them off to anyone and everyone. I was wandering the streets of Wellington engaging anyone who would stop and talk. I eventually ended up down by Aotea Quay near the stadium and train tracks with a train hurtling towards me. I woke up screaming. What makes it more bizarre is that I never dream anymore...

If you see Mr Weldon today give him some sympathy and somr pieces of leftover Xmas ham. I don't think I could go through that routine every night!

Banned

Is that a cap raise I can smell coming with a near 100% gain on no news???

What's with the sudden interest in this company? Just when I thought of buying a few they have jumped 20cents. Maybe others have seen a bargain share to trade on? Hoping to make it to the Heritage meeting on the 31st BFG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    What's with the sudden interest in this company? Just when I thought of buying a few they have jumped 20cents. Maybe others have seen a bargain share to trade on? Hoping to make it to the Heritage meeting on the 31st BFG.
    As I said, with GEOs amazing cashburn rate, I can see a cap raising happening very soon. Spruiking the price will equal less dilution. Give it a week or two to allow a higher 5 day VWAP to be achieved for the cap raise price.

Be good to see you at the meet Kiwi

Yup. Rights issue a-coming.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    As I said, with GEOs amazing cashburn rate, I can see a cap raising happening very soon. Spruiking the price will equal less dilution. Give it a week or two to allow a higher 5 day VWAP to be achieved for the cap raise price.

Be good to see you at the meet Kiwi
    So for those unfortunate holders, when do you think would be the best time to exit and at what price? I am assuming you think there will be a ramp up in the sp, and then a fall once the cap raise is announced? Sell side currently looking thin (as is the buy side), with only $30K on offer below $1.50, so there is potential for a buyer to move the price rapidly, but are interests associated with the company actually allowed to influence the sp in the lead up to a capital raising?