sharetrader

Default Option Traders Meetup in Wellington

Hi Everyone, Is there any option traders in the Wellington area? I am trading the US market through the Interactive Brokers platform Trader Work Station.

Keen to catchup with fellow traders in the Wellington area, trading options in the US and Aussie markets to discuss/share strategies.

I have been trading live now for about 2 months since retiring. My main strategy is long straddles with sysnthetic puts. I am also paper trading Butterflys and Iron Condors about 40 days out. I also with a support group in the US presently trialling weekly double calendars and iron condors. Hope to trade live in about a month.

If there is enough interest in the Wellington area hope to start a meetup.

kind regards
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joeshe915 View Post
    Hi Everyone, Is there any option traders in the Wellington area? I am trading the US market through the Interactive Brokers platform Trader Work Station.

Keen to catchup with fellow traders in the Wellington area, trading options in the US and Aussie markets to discuss/share strategies.

I have been trading live now for about 2 months since retiring. My main strategy is long straddles with sysnthetic puts. I am also paper trading Butterflys and Iron Condors about 40 days out. I also with a support group in the US presently trialling weekly double calendars and iron condors. Hope to trade live in about a month.

If there is enough interest in the Wellington area hope to start a meetup.

kind regards
    Joe
    Hi Joe,
    I traded volatility in London for 10 years on the S&P500, FTSE100 and N225. I now live in Queenstown and trade single stock vol on US,UK and HK stocks. I look to make about 50% p.a. on a float of $120k ... great fun and successful so far.
    Good luck with your endeavours , vol is pretty low at present so as i mainly trade it from the short side I am pretty quiet currently.

thanks FarmerHamilton. All the very best with your trades too! 50% in very impressive. Do you just trade stocks or options too? Trading Vol I assume is trading the volatility of the option?