sharetrader
Page 235 of 246 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2458

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Good thinking, that seems a reasonable explanation.
    Seems logical.
    Can any one here gain access to those large transactions to see who was the buyer?

Actually, people forget how big Blackrock is - US$8.67 trillion (yes, trillion) under management.

So there are plenty of funds within its control which they would be happy to put a measly NZ$1 billion (of undervalued stocks forced to be sold) into.

That’s the real story.

Shorters also got caught in the squeeze and scrambled to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually, people forget how big Blackrock is - US$8.67 trillion (yes, trillion) under management.

So there are plenty of funds within its control which they would be happy to put a measly NZ$1 billion (of undervalued stocks forced to be sold) into.

That’s the real story.....
    I thinks that's the substance of Alex's comment. Essentially Blackrock never needed to dump the shares on market at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I thinks that's the substance of Alex's comment. Essentially Blackrock never needed to dump the shares on market at all.
    They still have to sell on market to avoid conflict of interest & not to favour one fund over another.

But yes, they do not have to dump the shares and sell them cheap.

The NZ$1billion represents less than 0.01% of FUM for Blacktock.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-04-2021 at 09:39 PM.

I missed a Zumba class to get the bunting out of storage. So much time wasted.

That’s the real story.

Shorters also got caught in the squeeze and scrambled to cover.
    Down 22.5c today - who would have thought after the mad scramble for the Blackrock sell down stock on Friday.

Looks like the shorters should have waited until today?

Down 22.5c today - who would have thought after the mad scramble for the Blackrock sell down stock on Friday.

Looks like the shorters should have waited until today?
    Hoops breakthrough certainly not following through immediately. Unless today changes a couple of daily black candles will make the TA look somewhat less attractive though it might still be considered 'back to test'.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hmmm ..a great example of a conflict between a fearful media and a favourable TA..

TA has been showing a bullish divergence these last 6 weeks which says the high number of buyers were optimistic of a possible bargain in the near future.. not fearful as the media lead us to believe..

If I believed in Conspiracy Theories this would be a candidate.

Previously I wrote on this thread that I believed MEL's value to be between $4.00 to $5.00..but the recent market behaviour indicates the price should be a lot higher than that..

TA says buy

Disc: have no MEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I wondered on Wednesday if it was wise for me to present my chart showing MEL's breakout. I wasn't overly confident as breakouts do fail, albeit rarely...and there would be a good reason if this breakout failed even though the oncoming share dump was widely publicized....However TAers (Chartists) get criticised (losing their credibility by using hindsight) when they produce a chart after the event....so I went ahead and published the chart on Wednesday and held my breath...

My chart showing MEL's bullish breakout triggering TA buy signals before the re-balance (Wed 14th April) .probably didn't make sense to a few investors who figured using price/demand logic that the huge share dump would significantly drop the price back towards its fundamental value..

At close today the huge number of shares presented to the market at Friday's close were gobbled up at $6.05 up 5c for the day and above the rectangle pattern price breakout ...Earlier today, charted price support was tested with a price fall (throwback) but the price bounced up during the afternoon and at market close remained above it's support.(very bullish)

Score (so far) TA=1 shorters and bargain hunters =0

Monday trading has question marks and perhaps later on as those shares get on sold through the system...Next week we may get educated as how the system protects itself when a sudden but expected re-balance causes a surge of shares which could swamp a small market..Greekwatchdog post tells us part of it.....All very interesting

This result shows TA can be reliable during large re-balancing events.
    down again..561c -27c.... Breaking support ..Is it a failing breakout in progress Hmmmm..a crazy market...What did I say about not believing in conspiracy theories.. Glad to be away from this market and on the side lines

Shorters = 1 TA= 0...
    Last edited by Hoop; 20-04-2021 at 01:40 PM.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...918/344518.pdf

Blackrock already have reduced their stake from 7.09% to 3.33%

They have also reduced contact energy stake

dry starting to impact mels profits i reckon

NZAS and Meridian: voluntary load reduction

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/371280
    one step ahead of the herd