sharetrader
Page 219 of 246 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2456

Curious to see what it will do to the SP or if this is built in already? Certainly not unexpected.

Jeez down to 770 something

Didn’t seem that long it nearly got to 10 bucks.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez down to 770 something

Didn’t seem that long it nearly got to 10 bucks.
    I sold part of my holding at $9.55 - thought I was clever for a while - now think I should have sold more. But what would be the buy-back-in price? Who knows in this crazy market at present? Normal valuations just don't make sense any more.

“I’m personally very energised to start 2021 on these terms" says Neal Barclay Chief Executive.

very droll.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Whos getting shafted here? Grrrh
    Pull the plug and tell them to clean up their mess
    "Meridian’s comments about the profitability of the smelter – and the July timing of the pricing element of its offer –may raise questions over whether and why the Government might still be prepared to offer the smelter a separate discount on the transmission charges it pays to Transpower.

Energy Minister Megan Woods said last week that the Government was independently still in talks with Rio Tinto about those charges – and also about the smelter’s responsibilities to clean-up the smelter site when it closes.?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/123...price-beatdown

Guru

perhaps because the market doesnt really know what to value the gens at. Interesting to see what the SNOP thinks about this one. Would never have touched it at 10 and yes a total sell. It wont revalue till interest rates go up and the div is back to where the market understands value. But really what value is green energy if climate change is as bad or worse than we realise. These stocks could be the next GOLD or bit coin X n.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Whos getting shafted here? Grrrh
    Pull the plug and tell them to clean up their mess
    "Meridian’s comments about the profitability of the smelter – and the July timing of the pricing element of its offer –may raise questions over whether and why the Government might still be prepared to offer the smelter a separate discount on the transmission charges it pays to Transpower....
    What the smelter are asking for isn't discount, but merely a fair transmission cost. Tiwai pay much more than any other user in NZ on a MW per km basis, a total of 7% of the entire county's transmission costs, yet there are only 640 km (4 circuits, each 160 km) in length compared to the more than 12,000 km of Transpower's transmission lines in NZ .

In fact a complete new set of transmission lines from Manapouri to Tiwai could be built for what Tiwai pays in just over 5 years transmission costs.

Transpower and the EA are looking at a new TPM (Transmission Pricing Methodology) that would reduce the cost to Tiwai to bring them into line with what the rest of the country pays.
    Last edited by Jantar; 19-01-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Even if this reached close to $10 again, well beyond what it 'should' be I'm not sure what one would spend the windfall on unless one needed to buy something fancy with the cash. I'm not having an easy time of spotting where else I would invest the money where I am not already overweight (e.g. OCA) so as far as I'm concerned its hold for a long time yet. its still $2 higher than it was even a year ago.

yeh definitely coming back to fair value now with a PE of 103

/sarcasm.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

You would think MEL was an tech company with amazing growth ahead looking at that PE ratio... until you wake up and realize its a boring gentailer.