sharetrader

Threaded View

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I thought they had all dropped their price. Agree don't expect anymore than 8c going forward.

For new builds definitely design for solar hot water, retro PV and passive solar heating. Basic design shouldn't increase the build cost at all.
    Yes they dropped their price for excess sold back to the grid last year, SolarCity responded by offering panels that will offset consumption only. People may have bought the systems expecting to offset their consumption long term and if so they will get a shock when the gentailers decide to stop paying this second stage of subsidy, which they should do and the sooner the better in my view.
    Subsidies on non-economic systems are a crime against the consumer who has to pay more than they should.
    To clarify, the grid is built for peak demand and until you disconnect completely you are still incurring costs for the lines companies, who will be sizing their gear to cover your happily oblivious selves during your peak demand acooking your dinner after the sun goes down in winter.
    It's obvious to me but of course not so I guess for people who just throw the switch and see the lights go on. Which is as it should be.
    Last edited by PSE; 22-04-2015 at 07:03 AM.