sharetrader
Page 100 of 246 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2458

HI Percy, if only there was a government owned firewood company that Bill English could sell off. That would be another profitable float. I have just put another log on the fire.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    HI Percy, if only there was a government owned firewood company that Bill English could sell off. That would be another profitable float. I have just put another log on the fire.
    Put an extra one on,I am on my way to your place!!
    I don't have a fire place.
    Nights like tonight I really miss it.
    Heat pumps and heaters just don't give the same comfortable glow.!!
    Hailing now.Was bucketing down awhile ago.!!

Did you ever have shares in Energy Corp?.Gerald Henry's dud,before he and his brother went onto DIL.Trying to turn sawdust into pellets for fires.!!
    Last edited by percy; 13-04-2015 at 09:47 PM.

El Toro~

Ahh I miss our old wet back fire place, nothing like it!!! Not very common up here in Auckland!!

Membaa

The Jetmaster open fire is humming here. Nothing like an open fire ... ahhhh. Sorry MEL, you'll have to get me on the nightstore, our lounge is pure flame!

This conversion of installment receipts to shares is a draw out shambles. You can apparently trade MEL from 30 April, but how many have you got? Zero. Until they are allocated a week after you must make payment on 15 May. How can you sell something that you don't have, or buy something nobody has? Nobody can verify how many MEL you have. And just because you have xxxx MELCA, doesn't mean you have or will have the same number of MEL. Since nobody can verify your trading balance, you could even sell your MEL shares through multiple brokers several times over. Share liquidity will potentially fall to zero for a month. Total shambles.

The whole process could have been so much quicker and simpler if MELCA closing price on 29 April was multipled by shareholding, then divided by (MELCA + $0.50) and this quantity immediately allocated as MEL. With the extra $0.50/share payment being used to purchase the balance of the original MELCA holding (MELCA - MEL)

I have blocked out the month with zero trading and zero access to money from sales (if they happen)
    Last edited by xafalcon; 14-04-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Meridian Energy monthly operating report for March 2015:
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/211279.pdf
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

percy

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Meridian Energy monthly operating report for March 2015:
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/211279.pdf
    Good to have you posting again.
    You have been missed.!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    This conversion of installment receipts to shares is a draw out shambles. You can apparently trade MEL from 30 April, but how many have you got? Zero. Until they are allocated a week after you must make payment on 15 May. How can you sell something that you don't have, or buy something nobody has? Nobody can verify how many MEL you have. And just because you have xxxx MELCA, doesn't mean you have or will have the same number of MEL. Since nobody can verify your trading balance, you could even sell your MEL shares through multiple brokers several times over. Share liquidity will potentially fall to zero for a month. Total shambles.

The whole process could have been so much quicker and simpler if MELCA closing price on 29 April was multipled by shareholding, then divided by (MELCA + $0.50) and this quantity immediately allocated as MEL. With the extra $0.50/share payment being used to purchase the balance of the original MELCA holding (MELCA - MEL)

I have blocked out the month with zero trading and zero access to money from sales (if they happen)

You will have exactly the same number of MEL as MELCA on the 30/4/15 but the MELCA won't become MEL until you pay the 50c instalment. Your second paragraph is total rubbish. The first theoretical trading price on the market will simply be 50c higher than the last MELCA share.

Pouring with rain all night. Snow up in the catchment for Meridian water. It will probably melt before Winter and fill up the lakes. Plenty of electricity. What about a price reduction, or an increased dividend?