sharetrader
Page 111 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2456
    Guru

Fair call Xerof, I guess Meridian could have put some pressure on the registry to get things out earlier. What is the point of posting the letter on the 5th or 6th, which is the opening day for payments as it is well known it can take up to a week for mail to arrive. And why the short window of 10 days? I just do not get the motivation. Its not like they are going to make a lot of money from people defaulting as those ppl will just get mkt price - 50 cents anyway. Sighs!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Fair call Xerof, I guess Meridian could have put some pressure on the registry to get things out earlier. What is the point of posting the letter on the 5th or 6th, which is the opening day for payments as it is well known it can take up to a week for mail to arrive. And why the short window of 10 days? I just do not get the motivation. Its not like they are going to make a lot of money from people defaulting as those ppl will just get mkt price - 50 cents anyway. Sighs!
    Computershare did send out a Preliminary Notice on 1 Apr , to remind everyone to get ready and how much would be required ....

El Toro~

It has been pretty well documented, the onus really is on the holder. You should have been made aware multiple times over the past 12 months.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    It has been pretty well documented, the onus really is on the holder. You should have been made aware multiple times over the past 12 months.
    Yes I held myself "at the ready" since the IPO.
    Yet, if you are out of town for a few days,you can have cause for concern.
    The problem is made more so with NZ post's slow delivery.You need the paper work before you either pay on line or take the risk of missing due date by posting a cheque.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I held myself "at the ready" since the IPO.
    Yet, if you are out of town for a few days,you can have cause for concern.
    The problem is made more so with NZ post's slow delivery.You need the paper work before you either pay on line or take the risk of missing due date by posting a cheque.
    Agree most peopel knew it ws coming but what to do if overseas on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Agree most peopel knew it ws coming but what to do if overseas on holiday.
    Opt for the email communication?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Seems to be the safest option. After all, we're expected to be available 24/7 these days and to respond instantly to all communications!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    I thought people have been saying even though the did opt for email, they still only got a hard copy.

Doens't help if you are travelling in a country with poor internet. When I did africa a few years ago, I think I only logged in about 4 times in 6 weeks.

I thought people have been saying even though the did opt for email, they still only got a hard copy.

Doens't help if you are travelling in a country with poor internet. When I did africa a few years ago, I think I only logged in about 4 times in 6 weeks.

I have only received the email communication along with the helpful link to set up the direct debit - about 2 minutes to pop thru the details and I was done with a emailed confirmation that I had submitted the authority.

percy

I help out on a trust.A lawyer is also a trustee.The other trustee is my late friend's wife.She goes over seas for a couple of months each winter.August is the month when most companies want to raise funds.The only way we get around most of the problems, is having the trust's shares in "custodial keeping" with Macquaries.Even then I have to email her to get her to direct Macquaries to apply for whatever SPP we are entitled to.A couple of years ago it was Ebos, on very favourable terms.Had I not been watching we would have missed out.INA in Aussie had a couple of SPPs.I received the paper work thanks to NZ Post after the SPP had closed!!
    So generally I do not think there is enough time between receiving the paper work,and the closing date.
    Otherwise never leave home for more than 3 days>>!! lol.