sharetrader
Page 155 of 246 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2458

But bad news for NZconsumers who are effectively subsidising this

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Where is the extra Gig per day going to come from? We are sometimes stretched so does that mean wholesale power prices are going up or are we going to fire up some more coal?

Banned

No worries, the power review will sort that out.

Looking at the 9 member panel I dont see any one not supporting the present arrangements and independence doesn't seem to me to be having Concept and Lee Wilson ,who have represented the present arrangements for years,on the panel. The gen/retailers have done a great job of stacking it. .

Missed by that much

I am sure that enough new solar will be installed on everyone's' roof to supply the extra at no additional cost. I read on here that that would happen.

Its going in . Increasing mine from 5 to 10 KW and going up to 15 in time . Batteries come later. Doing it ourselves wouldnt touch anybody in the generation side of the industry.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Looking at the 9 member panel I dont see any one not supporting the present arrangements and independence doesn't seem to me to be having Concept and Lee Wilson ,who have represented the present arrangements for years,on the panel. The gen/retailers have done a great job of stacking it. .
    * It's an 8 member panel.
    * I can't imagine Chetwin supporting the present arrangements.
    * Only Roberts and Wilson are clearly aligned to the gen/retailers. 2/8 is hardly stacked - and you'd expect that sector to have a voice too.

There is an xtra member Keith Tempest. That makes 9. Reformed the industry before and that was with 3

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

There is an xtra member Keith Tempest. That makes 9. Reformed the industry before and that was with 3
    Tempest is a 'special advisor' to the panel - he's not on it. I think you're unduly dismissing the abilities of the other panel members. You may want to read the scope for this review also. Alternatively, this summary from Dean (the chair) should negate some of your fears:

The terms of reference are broad and require the review to look at all aspects of theelectricity sector, including technological changes, environmental factors, and whether thesector’s pricing mechanisms are as efficient as they could be. Unlike previous reviews, anadditional key consideration is whether consumers are paying fair prices, and whetherelectricity costs are spread equitably across all consumers. These new aspects of the reviewoffer a valuable opportunity for consumers to express their views about electricity pricesand pricing mechanisms. Significantly, the review will have a strong focus on how the sectorcan be improved for the future, rather than merely looking at what has not been working aswell as it should.

Investor

Sp slowly got into the 3s now....tempting to take profit after holding since IPO.