sharetrader
Page 162 of 246 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2458
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    HVDC cable maintenance until Tuesday seems to be having an effect on wholesale prices over $500/mwh throughout the NI currently
    Remains the same with SI prices just cents/mwh.
    Must be frustrating for SI generators who may be having constraits on profits.

One would think that mercury should be draining Taupo to meet demand and then reduce flow on Tuesday to replace mcy generation with cheap SI generation
    Last edited by fish; 25-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Hi All,

Second time poster on this thread and a recent holder (very small parcel).

I bought right at the low of the week, keen for some thoughts from people who have followed the stock for a long time around the recent gains in the stock from $3.13 to 3.33? Is this due to recent downpour - thus able to generate more power?

Pretty green to this sector, I only bought due to basic macro fundamentals and the view of holding very long term with a strong dividend (and confirmed special div to 2021).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Hi All,

(and confirmed special div to 2021).
    I thought the specials were discretionary after 2019.

Advanced Member

They did extend the special divi through to 2021 as per last annual report.

Rain has clearly fallen in the right places plus 4th potline at Tewai pt plus general increase in electricity demand. Looks as though limited additional supply is to come online in the short term so meridian low cost generation should continue to generate good income subject to rain and wind happening in the right places ...

IMO

Hi Law , who knows why the s/p goes up and down ? Micro managing quickly gets boring and is a time waster unless you've trained yourself to be a worry wort and get off on it. It is a foundation sorta stock in ones portfolio imo as are some of the other genbit stocks and retirement prop stocks, here in NZ.

Lotsa great posts on share trader and Rabbi says it all pretty concisely i reckon. Jantar is the resident insider expert on power generation companies and we are lucky to have his philanthropic sharing.(where are you Jantar?) hope you are not pinned to the grate whilst raking flotsam off the in take

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ....(where are you Jantar?) hope you are not pinned to the grate whilst raking flotsam off the in take
    Still here. But legally unable to make any comments on any company at present.

My Meridian shares are treating me well!

Biggest market capitalisation on the NZX (excluding the aussies). Share price at all time highs. 5%+ dividend yield. As a utility it should weather market turbulence better than most.

If you bought in the float then your money has probably tripled - a rough calculation tells me that dividends plus capital gain equals twice my initial investment.

IMO

Yes my contrarian is suggesting taking the top off (at or near a top?)and selling 20% to add to the cash pile.
    Consensus valn on 4traders is $3.11, 1 buy, 2 holds, 1 sell. PE est 2019 27.1

MEL is the best of the govt. energy floats. Anyone who bought would nearly have tripled their original investment, I agree. Not sure about being the biggest market capitalisation as there are many larger companies on the NZX.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    My Meridian shares are treating me well!

Biggest market capitalisation on the NZX (excluding the aussies). Share price at all time highs. 5%+ dividend yield. As a utility it should weather market turbulence better than most.

If you bought in the float then your money has probably tripled - a rough calculation tells me that dividends plus capital gain equals twice my initial investment.

Advanced Member

Look at the nzx10 constituents MEL MC 8.97b followed by ATM 7.9b SPK 7.62b FPH 7.57b CEN 4.21b FBU 4.16b .....