sharetrader
Page 17 of 246 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I don't think the 'Mums and Dads' ( I hate that condescending term) interest will now really affect the success or otherwise, of this IPO. There seems to be very good interest from Brokers clients already. This would indicate that some of the risks may not be as poignant as the media and Brian Gaynor are indicating.
    The market alone will tell in due course.
    Disc. Have been allocated what I wanted from my broker, which is a reasonably substantial holding.
    I take your point(s)
    Brokers etc have an allocation to sell, so would give the best spin they can.
    Tiwai is still there !! Under Contract !!!?. well, Contracts can be/and are broken.
    Lab/Green rantings.... Not very helpful at all.
    The Waitaki infrastructure is getting close too, or passed it's useby date.
    Canals etc. leaking.
    'NZ power capacity in surplus
    Not really a long term hold.
    BB

IMO

Think about replacement costs for the Dams

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Disc. Have been allocated what I wanted from my broker, which is a reasonably substantial holding.
    Hmmm .. so have i , just after noon. (After several disappointments in other floats this year).
    wonder if it is actually a bit more difficult for brokers to nail the money to the table than current frequent gungho news bulletins are saying.

Advanced Member

Does anyone know if i can apply via asb securities and have the money taken out of cash management account?
    Or do i have o apply via the meridian share offer site.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Does anyone know if i can apply via asb securities and have the money taken out of cash management account?
    Or do i have o apply via the meridian share offer site.
    I am with Craigs and they have promised my wife and myself shares.I am paying for both lots from my cash management account.
    I would expect you can do the same with ASB.

Quote Originally Posted by sharer View Post
    Hmmm .. so have i , just after noon. (After several disappointments in other floats this year).
    wonder if it is actually a bit more difficult for brokers to nail the money to the table than current frequent gungho news bulletins are saying.
    this one is different - your 'firm allocation' can still be scaled after the bookbuild. Right now everybody who asked will get the amount they requested, which I believe was ~900m, or 45% of the IPO

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    should be nothing stopping anyone else from getting cheap money, I went out and secured 18 months @ 5.6% to purchase Meridian shares.
    Secured against the house I assume? Or did you get margin lending at that rate?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Can someone please answer this for me.
    If they are making dividend payments of 13.4% and 7.4 - 8.9% in 2014, and we don't have to pay the final installment till 14th of may, doesn't it mean we are really purchasing these shares at roughly 90% of the book value price? Considering you get your dividend payments before your final installment payment for the shares...
    Then if you take future dividend payments into account, the SP will really have to drop 15 - 20 % for you to lose any money...
    Even if meridian cuts down the future dividend payments, say from 6 - 9 cents, we would get a cap rate of of the below. If bond rates were at 5.5

6 cents / 0.055 = $1.09
    7 cents / 0.055 = $1.27
    8 cents / 0.055 = $ 1.45
    9 cents / 0.055 = $ 1.63

Meridian might noy be a growth stock by any means, but it seems quite attractive if my above calculations are right....
    Last edited by baller18; 30-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.

I just got my firm allocation through DB...

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I just got my firm allocation through DB...

I think you could still be scaled back by up to 20% Robbo,...may not be of course but that is what DB's letter says