sharetrader
Page 18 of 246 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    against the house, but did not need a loan to purchase them just think I can use the banks money to make money and use cash for other investments.
    Maybe you could call it low risk leveraging.
    I think you have done the right thing.
    Baller18's figures confirm.
    ps thanks baller18 for the maths.

Guru

Question for those who have gone for a brokers allocation - why not just go for the general pool. My reading of the prospectus is you guys will get double scaled and I will get scaled less.

Eg. first scaled by your broker, then the brokers pool can actually be scaled as well and the prospectus advises the public pool will be scaled less than the brokers pools.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    I think you could still be scaled back by up to 20% Robbo,...may not be of course but that is what DB's letter says
    They said the same thing about MRP

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Question for those who have gone for a brokers allocation - why not just go for the general pool. My reading of the prospectus is you guys will get double scaled and I will get scaled less.

Eg. first scaled by your broker, then the brokers pool can actually be scaled as well and the prospectus advises the public pool will be scaled less than the brokers pools.
    I find it a lot easier dealing with my broker at Craigs.

Hey guys, hae never participated in an IPO, so say If I applied for $10,000 worth of shares, got my mum to apply for $5000's worth, and there is scaling, how does it work?
    Say if its scaled by 10%, does it mean both of us get scaled by 10% or only me because I'm after a larger amount? And my mum's amount doesn't get scaled

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Say if its scaled by 10%, does it mean both of us get scaled by 10% or only me because I'm after a larger amount? And my mum's amount doesn't get scaled
    Depends - they can scale as they please and each different pool can have different scaling.. They could do a flat 10% off everyone. I think for MRP, the scaling only applied to purchases over $15k.

I expect it to be like MRP - they wont scale small M&D investors, only the bigger investors.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Depends - they can scale as they please and each different pool can have different scaling.. They could do a flat 10% off everyone. I think for MRP, the scaling only applied to purchases over $15k.

I expect it to be like MRP - they wont scale small M&D investors, only the bigger investors.
    Thanks heaps CJ!!

I've been allocated the amount I asked for... not that it was a huge amount

I'm planning on stagging Meridean.
    Does anyone have any advice on stagging an ipo?? Or know of a book etc.
    Is there a strategy for it? I watched the MRP and ZEL ipo's and noticed that it peaks then drops of a little bit at closing. Is there any technical analysis tools that can help determine the peak?

IMO

Craigs have confirmed they will hold my allocation until after i have read NZX reports on thurs so no pressure.