sharetrader
Page 204 of 246 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2458
    Advanced Member

LCompared to July 2019, Meridian saw increased sales in all segments: residential (+12.7%), small medium business (+16.9%) agricultural (+11.2%), large business (+20.8%) and corporate (+13.4%)”

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358409

As long as it rains at the right time and place...should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    LCompared to July 2019, Meridian saw increased sales in all segments: residential (+12.7%), small medium business (+16.9%) agricultural (+11.2%), large business (+20.8%) and corporate (+13.4%)”

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/358409

As long as it rains at the right time and place...should be ok.
    In the month to 13 August 2020, national hydro storage decreased from 75% to 70% of historical average
    - South Island storage sat at 73% of average and North Island storage at 57% of average on 13 August 2020.
    Level's are very low. No progress on Tiwai Pt and nowhere to transmit the power too for a while after it closes. I find it very hard to get enthused.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'd rather be MEL than AIA though which admittedly is an odd comparison with such different causes of their current woes. But MEL has a pretty clear way ahead to utilise the excess power in time, and that time will not be as long as we originally thought. Its not exactly an unknown unknown given it was always being threatened.

AIA is likely to come back to normal eventually , maybe , but who the hell knows. Its assets wont be worth that much if international travel is constrained too much for long.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Strange comparison peat Isn't it more useful to compare this with other gentailiers ?

For what its worth which probably isn't much as I don't follow this sector super closely I can see MEL and CEN struggling a bit after the Tiwai shutdown...not sure which is relatively better positioned between MRP and GNE but I like GNE's yield a LOT more than MRP, (roughly double the yield). I doubt that CEN's attractive yield is sustainable post Tiwai but maybe it is, who knows.

P.S. I agree mate, I wouldn't touch AIA with a bargepole.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'm not so sure the shutting of Tiwai will have a huge effect on MEL. Tiwai to close in a year, in which hopefully the upgrade of the transmission line from Southland to Benmore is complete. Benmore is DC conversion point to supply the North Island... this combined with any Energy hungry industry the Govt can attract to aid the Southland economy could soak up some of excess power from the Tiwai closure.

Fingers crossed as I hold MEL shares

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/122...on-the-horizon

Not that great really...
    No wonder the silence on here is deafening

as craigs investments and bull have mentioned mcy is better
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    as craigs investments and bull have mentioned mcy is better
    Craigs were very late to the party with that conclusion. Their analysts fell in love with MEL and kept pushing it despite the looming Tiwai exit. I think MEL has appeared in each of the last two years Herald stock picks from Craigs
    Last edited by tango; 26-08-2020 at 11:07 AM.

market seems to like there result , i got in on the conference call they seemed pretty upbeat about the future
    one step ahead of the herd

Happy holder MEL & CEN