sharetrader
Page 210 of 246 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2458

new highs again , people want yield at any cost eh
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    new highs again , people want yield at any cost eh
    Then they should look at their capital base, decide on a magic number (say 5%), call it Yield, put a party hat on it if you have one, and then either spend it, save it, voluntarily pay tax on it, sleep with it, boast about it ...whatever one was planning to do this mythical "yield" item if they hadn't taken my suggestion and made it up in their head.

Instead of just making it up in their heads, some of this yield chasing is going to be very, very expensive at some stage.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

not often you get a please explain why your stock is going up so fast notice when it comes to a major company

Missed by that much

I expect to see a similar notice and identical response from CEN as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I expect to see a similar notice and identical response from CEN as well.
    id be surprised mel has way out performed all other gentailers the last week / mth and year. as you are a industry expert jantar hope you have plenty of power stocks

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    id be surprised mel has way out performed all other gentailers the last week / mth and year. as you are a industry expert jantar hope you have plenty of power stocks
    Just over 33% of my portfolio is in Electricity companies.

The enquiry was about $1.32 increase over 3 1/2 trading days. CEN went up $1.04 over the same period. GNE only went up $0.23, so it wasn't an industry wide increase.

Percentage wise, MEL led the charge with over 20%, CEN were 14%, MCY 12% and GNE 7%.

Believe this is what its all about .........not yield

Meridian and Contact Energy are both in the S&P Global Clean Energy Index to which many clean energy funds are benchmarked

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post

Meridian and Contact Energy are both in the S&P Global Clean Energy Index to which many clean energy funds are benchmarked
    Do the wiser, more experienced contributors here think that should keep the share prices at these elevated levels going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Swala View Post
    Do the wiser, more experienced contributors here think that should keep the share prices at these elevated levels going forward?
    Not sure if I would class myself as any wiser or experienced contributor but both MEL & CEN are a good slice in my portfolio. Contact has traded in the $9+ previously but $8 is new ground for MEL pushed by clean energy funds finding both attractive. Expect both to re-rate and remain at higher levels the same as a handful of other excellent NZ stocks.

Advanced Member

Thanks Dreamcatcher, good perspective.

Not sure if I would class myself as any wiser or experienced contributor but both MEL & CEN are a good slice in my portfolio. Contact has traded in the $9+ previously but $8 is new ground for MEL pushed by clean energy funds finding both attractive. Expect both to re-rate and remain at higher levels the same as a handful of other excellent NZ stocks.