sharetrader
Page 216 of 246 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2458

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i be very surprised if they kept just chasing the price higher and higher
    Problem with stock like MEL people just sit forever and never sell until wham fund needs volume. Blackrock only has 6.076% and a new ceiling for SP has been set.......They can't package and sell what they don't have

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Problem with stock like MEL people just sit forever and never sell until wham fund needs volume. Blackrock only has 6.076% and a new ceiling for SP has been set.......They can't package and sell what they don't have
    if your buying now , you better hope the price dont fall cause it take many years to get your capital back. im the reverse thinking sold to get the capital gain as it was many years of divs. if it takes a year or two to fall back to sensible levels i still be well ahead. i will only lose if it goes heaps higher and stays there
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

quite uncomforting to see one of NZ's largest listed companies can essentially be manipulated by 1 overseas fund

Let's see if we're blessed with another pump into the close. Keep an eye on whether bids start stacking up at around 4.20pm.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnk View Post
    I have some MEL shares brought way back during the IPO. I've been keeping zero track of what is going on with these shares.

My question is why is MEL bouncing up and down so much? It seems very volilate for what I guessed was a boring energy company.
    I guess that covid and measures introduced to cope with covid has meant that just about no shareholding is boring at the moment. In addition, if a major customer is in supposed existential angst, that makes it more "interesting"!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Let's see if we're blessed with another pump into the close. Keep an eye on whether bids start stacking up at around 4.20pm.
    Think they were waiting for you before the auction

Suspect Blackrock don't have enough for another 1% notice so game continues next week noting buying pattern during auction

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Why we assume they cant change the composition or introduce more stocks to their fund ICLN ...it can always change weightage of holdings and add to list of its holdings ??

Its surprising they are chasing same stocks to bubble levels or unjustified valuations with full knowledge of results of their activity . Unless they know something or think they know something ...it seems like it suits them creating a bubble in their own fund ICLN ...its adding 6-8 million units almost everyday in new issues !!

5 billion fund ...10% in these two MEL / CEN ...just translates in 500 million and that results in MEL p/e reach 130 and market cap almost 25 Billion ...

Big question is why they let it unfold like this ...simple answer seems as they wanted it this way ...thats why included NZ stocks with high weightage in the fund to boost its NAV by this cycle of new money chasing returns which comes from ICLN's need to chase these stocks because of new funds pouring into it !!

IMO

CEO of Meridian 5/01/ NZ Herald "The future and nz's clean,green energy"
    ..."saving 1.9 to 4.6million tonnes of carbon"

After a big drop this morning the usual buying accumulation has appeared on the depth in the last 30mins. Around 8m new ICLN units were issued on Friday (US time). Expecting a grind upwards from here into the close. Won't hold overnight as expect a reasonable chance of consolidation on ICLN tonight.

Disc: in for a trade. Make sure you use stops.

Any manipulation of SP has to achieve its goal of accumulating 'at time of writing' Cen-68ok Mel-1.28m we see how this pans out at days end.

disc hold both currently no interest in selling ANY