sharetrader
Page 237 of 246 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2458

yes I think all that activity over the last year has really tired this one out. Perhaps still being shuffled around?
    I wonder if that excitement might return in the fullness of time - quite some time perhaps but....
    Those attributes that were sought still exist and are still revered.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Shakespeare?

mmmmm - DRO or Divy cash. Another decision to make for today.

Tried reading through the investor presentation this morning. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...872/353026.pdf, nearly passed out from boredom.

Tried wading through the almost endless pages up front of cultural and ethic inclusion, diversity, sustainability, Iwi initiatives, injury's, pictures of birds and on and on and on and on and on it went.
    Financial results buried down the bottom of the report like some fourteenth rate priority.
    Under investigation for overcharging and I wouldn't mind wagering that St Cindy would love to rip into this for the benefit of all her comrades.

Nothing flash at all with the results and to be frank this company takes ESG stuff to a really extreme level. The dog is not impressed with the numbers or the extreme ESG approach and is pretty sure St Cindy will cause trouble to distract us from our worries about Covid and from their super slow motion vaccine roll out, so its not for me. Stick with my dirty old Indonesian coal burning GNE, numbers will look much better tomorrow I reckon and less ESG nonsense to wade through too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-08-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Tried reading through the investor presentation this morning. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...872/353026.pdf, nearly passed out from boredom.

That’s funny, I thought the exact same thing. It’s like they had to fill the presentation up with something.
    Last edited by ScrappyO; 25-08-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Financial results buried down the bottom of the report like some fourteenth rate priority.
    Yes I know riiight
    I totally was wearing out the Page Down key

(Disc minor holding)

Vastly different approach with GNE's presentation this morning. Gets straight to the point of what's important to investors. See GNE thread and link therein.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'm now worried about how much political interference this stock will have going forward. Was happy to accumulate over time and just have it as a divvy. But if the govt wants change in this space then 1. SP will bounce around and 2. Divvy could be jeopardised. What are peoples thoughts?

this govt is a threat to all business

I raised regulatory risk on the Power Shares thread. Its a real thing

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    this govt is a threat to all business

I raised regulatory risk on the Power Shares thread. Its a real thing

Already happening - remember the recent commotion over Discounts ?

It's all about the lowest common denominator not reading things correctly, paying late
    & then screaming ripped off on whatever discount disallowed ..