sharetrader
Page 44 of 246 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Irrigation again.
    From Port of Tauranga agm.Timaru Port's growth.More large irrigation schemes are being built in the area.
    More electricity for 'well placed' Meridian to supply.
    Thats good to see some new electricity users. Also we are entering the Electric Car age(driverless too) so imagine say a million cars all plugged in all night recharging. Who needs tiwai in 4-5 years

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Also we are entering the Electric Car age(driverless too) so imagine say a million cars all plugged in all night recharging. Who needs tiwai in 4-5 years
    I am waiting for two things - A Tesla show room to open in NZ and a job that pays enough for me to afford one.

In 10 or so years, ever familys 'second car' should be an electric.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

IMO

Cant access it. I ilke gaynor but like sheather hes promoting himself to the "mums and dads" with the constant insinuation "its too hard, too risky too complicated , trust me with your funds youll be right with me" ( i'll get the fees hee"). And he is an ok fund manager although i havnt checked all his fund performances

percy

Cant access it. I ilke gaynor but like sheather hes promoting himself to the "mums and dads" with the constant insinuation "its too hard, too risky too complicated , trust me with your funds youll be right with me" ( i'll get the fees hee"). And he is an ok fund manager although i havnt checked all his fund performances
    Reminds me of the old joke;"Hi,I am from the Tax Dept,and I am here to help you.!" lol.

Guru

Reminds me of the old joke;"Hi,I am from the Tax Dept,and I am here to help you.!" lol.
    haha thanks Percy. Definitely a lol moment in my office as I read that....

Exactly. Fund Managers charge 'Admin' even if they make a loss!!!

Just like Ecoya and Moa Beer being too difficult for Moms and Das - but oops, too hard for Gaynor and his crew as well!

They bought in high and sold out low!
    Last edited by Balance; 25-10-2013 at 02:17 PM.

More large irrigation schemes are being built in the area.
    More electricity for 'well placed' Meridian to supply.
    While new irrigation capacity is being installed it has a different energy usage profile than a lot of the installed capacity. It would be unwise to assume that electricity usage would increase in lock step with irrigation capacity increases.

A lot of existing irrigation uses deep bores with high energy input submersible pumps bringing water to the surface, pressurising the water distribution pipes and the irrigators themselves. A lot of the new capacity is take off from rivers and is distributed by gravity fall. In addition most new capacity uses pivot irrigators which are designed to operate at lower water pressures.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 25-10-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: duplicatrd word

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    While new irrigation capacity is being installed it has has a different energy usage profile than a lot of the installed capacity. It would be unwise to assume that electricity usage would increase in lock step with irrigation capacity increases.

A lot of existing irrigation uses deep bores with high energy input submersible pumps bringing water to the surface, pressurising the water distribution pipes and the irrigators themselves. A lot of the new capacity is take off from rivers and is distributed by gravity fall. In addition most new capacity uses pivot irrigators which are designed to operate a lower water pressures.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I have been told most irrigators use $50,000 of power a month.[when in use]
    Going by the huge transformers on the power poles it is easy to see who are the big power users.
    Last edited by percy; 25-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Thats good to see some new electricity users. Also we are entering the Electric Car age(driverless too) so imagine say a million cars all plugged in all night recharging. Who needs tiwai in 4-5 years
    Yes. That's why the Hog has bought some Meridian, and may well pick up some more after Tuesday, price permitting.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly