sharetrader
Page 69 of 246 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast

I'm sticking with my shares out of principle. Even if they drop to 50c

dear Peat...excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    Your alternative would be to sell now, then buy back @ 50c to double your principles.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by surfersteve View Post
    im sitting in front of five computer screens, several live databases , multiple graphs and one of my custom apps even speaks to me about stock prices and movements real time.. the app is customisable from a simple text file with a very simple statement format ....

"draws full of paper" ?

really percy for someone with such a capable mind
    Mind a bit affected by the sun and sounds of the ocean here at Top Ten Holiday Park at Greymouth.
    Bit hard to believe I am busy working. The trouble of having the best job in NZ.Another evening of watching the sun set over the ocean.
    Drawers out the best in me.! lol.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    MELCA just showed me the benefits of technology

Clever P&F can cope with free falling stocks and adjust scales automatically - but heck the graph paper way is hard yakka as had to stick another piece of paper at the bottom to accommodate a 95 price .....should have started further up the page eh but heck never thought it would go this low
    The fact that Meridian (MELCA) was an installment receipt meant that it was always going to be more volatile than the ultimate underlying share (MEL). Add to that the political shenanigans that has seen power companies used as political footballs and I saw it as inevitable that, at some point, MELCA would trade under the installment receipt issue price. But fear not fellow power company investors. MEL is a soundly run business and one day in the far distant future it will be a growth company again. To anyone thinking of selling out at a loss at 95c, I would suggest the alternative strategy of scooping up those dividends and holding onto your hat.

SNOOPY

discl: do not hold MELCA
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    What principle?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    What principle?
    My principle belief in the company itself, instead of peoples "fears" guiding the way. They're a good company & I believe in it.
    ...So if the SP dropped to 50c tomorrow it would not bother me unless a massive catastrophic failure occurred such as a giant wind-turbine eating moth comes along!

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Rear View Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Don't forget MRP is down nearly 20% on the issue price while MELCA is down 5%. So there's probably a bit more to go. The shares have behaved rather similarly so far.
    As I recall, CEN floated at $3.10 (way, way back, when I still had hair), and I also recall buying in at $2.50/$2.55, which represented about a 15-20% discount.

So MRP/MELCA are behaving as my previous experience would suggest. So MRP at about $2 seems reasonable, as does MELCA in the low eighties.

So MRP at $4 and MEL at $3 in 2025 with lots of lovely lovely dividends along the way seems not too far out of whack from what I see in the rear vision mirror. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    dont spend two much time looking in the rear view mirror cause you might not see the bus full of labour and green mp's you are about to run into.
    increase speed, use the nos!

Gee GTM ...well done for posting what you did....as an aside me thinks that folk should read Carmel's post in the sunday post....

like I mean the nats sales at SP highs of various entities to the public should in deed be applauded ...for a job well done.