sharetrader
Page 72 of 246 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
    Guru

I assume everyone who doesn't know the answer doesn't currently hold? IPO holders get no special benefits for MEL. For MRP, they are entitled to bonus shares worth 4% from memory.

Advanced Member

I'm pretty sure now that it doesn't matter how many MELCA shares you bought at IPO or at what price you bought them at that in May 2015 you have the option of either paying another 50c ea to get the full share or sell your installments.

Advanced Member

Either way I added to my small IPO holding today at 89c. I usually don't buy in a downtrend but sometimes I like acting a little irrational.

Yes, tempting. I have noticed before however that after an Equity market correction, utilities initially drop in price but then recover as investors decide they are a more reliable, safe haven in a bear market.

I'm sitting on my hands with MELCA for now...anticipating a sharp correction on the DJIA and S&P500 prior to Christmas. China and Japan stockmarkets IMO will weather that correction better than most - it will be interesting to see what happens here more locally.

Another downward pressure on MELCA and MRP is the negative foreign investor sentiment around CNU. That sentiment seems to be growing and probably won't subside until CNU and CFH negotiate a contract variation more favourable to CNU. Until then, I think the Bears could be in control.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

I believe all risks considered, in a low / no / negative growth industry its a PE 13-14 stock worth around $1.00, someone forgot to tell the Govt there shouldn't be a final 50 cent payment

This nonsense of brokers valuing a no growth stock with all those risks as being worthy of a price earnings ratio of well over 20 is complete nonsense and couldn't possibly have anything to do with the $100m plus of fees they've received could it....NO, I'm absolutly convinced one has nothing whatsoever to do with the other, (sarcasm intended).

Gullible investors have been robbed, there...someone finally called it for what it was.

I'm interested in buying if / when these partly paid shares hit 50 cents.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-12-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Does anyone know when the interim and full year dividend dates are for Meridian???

dear roger...you do have quite firm opinions..on a variety of issues ..well done ..so do I .

However ...disclosure is a wonderful thing is it not...I believe that I have disclosed my holdings in the past....have you....cheers troy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    Does anyone know when the interim and full year dividend dates are for Meridian???

Thanks hoop

"BNY Mellon, a holding company for fund managers including Newton, said its related entities had sold 1.5 million Chorus shares on December 4, contributing to a drop in its stake from 7.5 to 6.3 per cent"

At the very least I would say BNY Mellon would want to sell down to under 5%. A definite overhang.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.