sharetrader
Page 95 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast

much better result than contacts, with nice div
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

YES re 19.2c in divs for the year!

Membaa

Excellent results today, again. Total divi's and capital gain easily sufficient to cover the installment receipts, or put another way, have pretty much paid for the IPO, currently 82% to-date cap+div but not including this 1HY divi. Brilliant!

Refer Page 2 of the CEO/Chair report, sections "Installment Receipts" and "Capital Management" ... https://www.meridianenergy.co.nz/ass...ember-2014.pdf

Gotta love this company, what a great performer.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Every owner of MELCA is required to pay 50 cents to the Crown. This will not be adjusted. If MEL decide to make a 'contribution' it would have to be in some other form. So there would be a two step process.

I think you're probably all right with your reasons for the further rise - a more balanced outlook for interest rates plus a possibility of a reduction generated by Wheeler's latest statement, and some firming of speculation around handing cash back to shareholders in whatever form that may take.

El Toro~

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11404245

MELCA has always been my favorite of the generators, I've sold out entirely, I'll buy back in after the capital payment in May. Well done to all holders, fantastic result!

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11404245

MELCA has always been my favorite of the generators, I've sold out entirely, I'll buy back in after the capital payment in May. Well done to all holders, fantastic result!
    Hmm...me thinking the same, sell now and get back in later, its been great investment

IMO

You'll miss 6.2c in Divs plus pay brokerage. Have you got price points it will drop to as people sell to pay their 50c.? Im thinking with such a strong divi even after the 5o c instalment the price may not drop as much as some think as Global and local money is looking for good safe yields .

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You'll miss 6.2c in Divs plus pay brokerage. Have you got price points it will drop to as people sell to pay their 50c.? Im thinking with such a strong divi even after the 5o c instalment the price may not drop as much as some think as Global and local money is looking for good safe yields .
    Yeah agreed on dividend front. I'm just guessing there will be bit of weakness around instalment payment time as people need to fork out extra money and that might cause some hasty selling by some at last minute, especially those who haven't planned for extra payment.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Yeah agreed on dividend front. I'm just guessing there will be bit of weakness around instalment payment time as people need to fork out extra money and that might cause some hasty selling by some at last minute, especially those who haven't planned for extra payment.
    It's a toss-up, isn't it!

Depends on how many follow that strategy; how much others - insto's particularly - see it as an opportunity to increase holdings in a weak market; whether shareholders might prefer to sell other stocks to raise the ready; the mood of the market generally, etc.

I'm no help!

electricity demand up yoy even with top up payment soon it offers mean yield
    one step ahead of the herd

Investor

What's up with sp today, seem to be going higher and higher with very thin sell side...