Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
Big picture here...(I have folk who do not have a clue but do ask the question)...given what happened to MRP...and are consequently blah blah....me thinks its probably more good than bad....

again ...I believe the share price is TOTALLY irrelavent....i.e. an asset worth $10....ask investors to buy 50 %....then 50 cents....ask blah for 20 % 20 cents...same deal...am I wrong here...surely this is 101 stuff....cheers

please tell me if Im wrong

You're not making your question clear, but I think I get the message. The share price is indeed irrelevant. It's just the value being sold divided by number of shares issued, which is simply a marketing decision of the issuer. e.g. they could offer twice the number of shares at 50 cents with a further 30 cents down the track. Or half the number at twice the price. Having said it's irrelevant, there's perhaps a psychological effect on the marketing. A little like selling a car for $9,999 rather than $10,005 might have. You may have observed companies at times splitting their shares, which simply means every holding doubles in number and therefore should halve in value. They do it to put more shares out and improve liquidity - so they say - but often a share split sees the shares go to a bit more than half the value. The moral of that story is 'There's naught so queer as folk!'