sharetrader
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LPC

Default LPC

I wonder if there is something going on at Lyttelton Port Coy.The place is shut down by a strike and yet today 116,520 shares changed hands and the price rose by two cents. Hmm, very odd.

I've been looking into this coy for a little while,mainly for yield...
    some research I found says it has no growth earnings expected,may need to review divvie policy for finance port development,and face's potential strike action...
    I saw somewhere else they paid $2.9m to settle to strike?..or is it still going on(not the strike itself but the hassles behind it)

any ideas/thoughts would be helpfull...

Cheers,
    Bryan
    \"Our business in life is not to get ahead of others,but to get ahead of ourselves-to break our own records,to outstrip our yesterday by our todays.\"

\"To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is...and rise above it.\"

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by bransm

I've been looking into this coy for a little while,mainly for yield...
    some research I found says it has no growth earnings expected,may need to review divvie policy for finance port development,and face's potential strike action...
    I saw somewhere else they paid $2.9m to settle to strike?..or is it still going on(not the strike itself but the hassles behind it)

any ideas/thoughts would be helpfull...

Cheers,
    Bryan
    Bransm: Refer to thread "PORTS".
    I held LPC for a while, also mainly for yield reasons, but came increasingly to the realisation that the potential for capital growth was limited, largely because of the "Peoples Democratic Republic of Christchurch" control.

cheers,Colin,
    I did a search under LPC,thou didnt think about ports...
    \"Our business in life is not to get ahead of others,but to get ahead of ourselves-to break our own records,to outstrip our yesterday by our todays.\"

\"To succeed it is necessary to accept the world as it is...and rise above it.\"

Bransm
    Am a holder for yield. Some suggestions of price movement
    recently.[]
    Forecast yield for 2005 is same at 10% gross - good for paying the bills. For quick growth you'll have to look elsewhere.
    cheers

yip,cheers foodee,

with this coy,I'm looking for yield...

Hi Bransm, the LPC balance sheet is strong [as you would expect for a utility], and should be able to withstand expenditure on infrastructure, and wharf maintenance. I would be surprised if they reduced the dividend.
    Noticed heavy volume on the 6th July of 500,000 which sent the price up 2 cents.
    I don,t take any notice when there is anything negative about the employees, except to buy more shares if the price drops substantially. Knocking wharfies is a national pastime and just background noise which gives buying opportunities.

positive announcement on NZX.

Capitalist Pig

I agree Airedale.

The union issue is something that just needs to be worked out (i.e. flush the communists out on the street) and LPC can be compared to the other other ports -> increased valuation and share price.

I have 20K in them and are still adding.

The share price will ultimately be determined by how much cash is spewed out to its majority shareholder (CCC) -surely.
    Not that Im complaining, mind.