sharetrader
Page 186 of 246 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2456
    Investor

Not far from $5, currently at $4.90 with strong bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Not far from $5, currently at $4.90 with strong bidding.
    $5 wow by xmas will it be the $6? party lol
    one step ahead of the herd

$5 now.

Crazy - and it also makes sense in the wider context of scarcity of quality and anticipated OCR direction. Part of me says this is a new economic reality of living in an asset bubble...but more of me says this situation will end in tears.

Disc: Happy long term shareholder looking forward to many years of divs.

percy

I guess we are all enjoying it.
    A word that comes to mind is TINA [there is no alternative].
    Dangerous,however I think the music will continue playing, until interest rates start to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    $5 now.

Crazy - and it also makes sense in the wider context of scarcity of quality and anticipated OCR direction. Part of me says this is a new economic reality of living in an asset bubble...but more of me says this situation will end in tears.

Disc: Happy long term shareholder looking forward to many years of divs.
    the reality for oversea people in a lot of countries is negative returns so even at $5 the yield looks pretty good but gne looks fab at 6% still
    one step ahead of the herd

Default This is a blue hen share (Blue chip plus)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I guess we are all enjoying it.
    A word that comes to mind is TINA [there is no alternative].
    Dangerous,however I think the music will continue playing, until interest rates start to go up.
    Hello Percy. I am certain of only 2 things at present.

1. The world, including little NZ, has NEVER EVER seen pension funds like it --Trillions of $ close by in Aussie, why even over $90 billion in little NZ. These must have a home and they are growing faster than ever. Cullen fund, Kiwi-saver, SSRS, ACC Investment Fund. Geez wasn't Cullen a genius! (43 billion when I last looked)

2. Any share returning close to 7% with huge rock solid assets and a classy market is gonna get no rest in its share price I can guarantee us that .

percy

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hello Percy. I am certain of only 2 things at present.

1. The world, including little NZ, has NEVER EVER seen pension funds like it --Trillions of $ close by in Aussie, why even over $90 billion in little NZ. These must have a home and they are growing faster than ever. Cullen fund, Kiwi-saver, SSRS, ACC Investment Fund. Geez wasn't Cullen a genius! (43 billion when I last looked)

2. Any share returning close to 7% with huge rock solid assets and a classy market is gonna get no rest in its share price I can guarantee us that .
    Agree with both of your points.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    …….. until interest rates start to go up.
    And that is the interesting point. When that happens....how quickly will markets drop ? Will they drop ? If one plans to move to cash.....will "we" be able to sell ?
    The last few years has in general been so so easy as markets have been steadily climbing. About the only mistake one could make is not being in !

I wonder what a southern alpine fault rupture might do to the manapouri power station

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I wonder what a southern alpine fault rupture might do to the manapouri power station
    Not very much. The fault as far south as Manapouri is quite deep and would have little effect. Here is a simulation of the main fault rupturing west of Te Anau and south of Milford sound the progressing north. Manapouri is hardly affected, Clyde and Roxburgh feel it a bit harder, but the Ohau and Waitaki stations are hit hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWbjYy3to0