sharetrader
Page 157 of 246 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2458

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    quite a vanilla 7 year bond which is good to see with all those hybrids out there.
    4.2-4% about the same as a 5 year TD, but at least there's liquidity.
    not that attractive from a interest rate or duration risk reward perspective but it should function like a traditional bond in that the entity is obviously pretty solid
    I've just asked for a few of the bonds - diverting some money that was heading to a TD. I'll treat it as a safe place to keep the cash and the possibility of liquidity is attractive.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks peat, plain vanilla is great, may take a few (for the estate not me) and top up MEL too cheers JT.
    Personally I would diversify risk rather than 2 investments in a SI gentailer.

Strange things are happening in the market-atm spot prices $140 in SI and $1400 in NI

Advanced Member

The HVDC cable looks like they are struggling to get the electricity north ....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Personally I would diversify risk rather than 2 investments in a SI gentailer.

Strange things are happening in the market-atm spot prices $140 in SI and $1400 in NI
    Thanks and good advice, we have 3 gentailers MEL been the best return atp double bagger plus divs..

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks and good advice, we have 3 gentailers MEL been the best return atp double bagger plus divs..
    definately the best performing gentailer stock
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    definately the best performing gentailer stock
    Fully Agreed.

Advanced Member

MEL seem to be generating hard and the spot prices of late appears to be very high should be able to make up from a slow start to the FY

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    MEL seem to be generating hard and the spot prices of late appears to be very high should be able to make up from a slow start to the FY
    It was an amazing morning this morning wasn't it? I see diesel was producing 142 MW at one point which I assume comes from contact's Whirinaki Power Station. Wind was producing close to zero. At one point I think it got up to 1 MW - incredible to think that all 17 of NZ's windfarms lay idle for hours.

I see wind is producing just 1 MW as I type this. The coal burners at the moment at Huntly are producing 159 MW, the poor buggers have barely had a break in the last six weeks where as recently the wind turbines have pretty much been lollygagging around in the sun, acting virtuous, but doing next to no work. Hey at least they look good.

Do you like to read EnergyTrendz? I always find it interesting to see who is producing what (see page two of the link). Yesterday just about everything but the kitchen sink was generating right across the board.

https://www.energylink.co.nz/sites/d...27_Interim.pdf

Advanced Member

Bodn good reading thanks for posting the link interesting pricing dynamic over the last few days considering Hydro storage is at average for this time of the year. Todays pricing action suggests it could be a long hard winter for those paying spot prices but should good for MEL going forward ....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

That is what is wrong with the market . It is a rort that diesel is running when there is plenty of water . Clearly the generators should be separated from Retail.