sharetrader
Page 161 of 246 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2458
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    The situation is not just coal but gas as well. This is very bad management by the generators . There is a price review going on. The Govt must take some action in the finish.
    I think its wrong to blame just the generators for current prices-there are many other factors involved and if you want to allocate blame to who "generated" this situation then blame all parties,God(the weather),the government,poor communication(?conspiracy in allowing extra potline-but I have no evidence to support this).

Yes Government could do a bit of pushing/encouragement eg to ensure offshore gas continues-or else generators will abandon the use of gas to cover droughts and periods of peak demand in winter. More regulation is likely to be wrong.Repeal of the future drill ban would be a start.
    Last edited by fish; 16-11-2018 at 07:03 AM.

This is nothing to do with offshore gas. The last round of licenses did not generate many takers.This is profiteering by the generators as detailed in the AK uni study and the 2009 study. The generator retailers have to be separated as they should have been in the 1990's.
    Last edited by horus1; 16-11-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Typically capital seeks the highest returns possible. I'd suggest that if sausages where very profitable we'd see a rush to supply but, as it is no one is interested in making the sausage at current prices, it seems judicious that it is not. I doubt talk of regulating the price of sausage is helping the situation either.

Believe me there are many barriers to entry for big generation and the price of new plant is continually decreasing.

Advanced Member

MEL seem to be generating flat out if the HVDC transfer is anything to go. Those paying spot wouldn’t be liking the $500/mwh at present

http://www.em6live.co.nz/PlanningReg...ningregion=usi

Rain also looks to be continuing to fall in the right places. Lake Pukaki up close the 4m over the past month with plenty of rain continuing to fall in the southern hydro catchment areas at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    MEL seem to be generating flat out if the HVDC transfer is anything to go. Those paying spot wouldn’t be liking the $500/mwh at present
    Thanks for the update. Would take that Contact is also enjoying the same spot prices?

Hi All,
    First time posting on this thread. Just a quick question I cant seem to find the answer to, does Meridian have a dividend reinvestment program?
    Cheers

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Hi All,
    First time posting on this thread. Just a quick question I cant seem to find the answer to, does Meridian have a dividend reinvestment program?
    Cheers
    No they don't.

Cash cow half owned by the Govt. who have been consistently returning you 6% net of tax if you take the special dividend into account.
    I look at it as an inflation adjusted exponential term deposit .
    The risk of course is total economic collapse and the way Trump is going that's not a remote possibility.

Advanced Member

HVDC cable maintenance until Tuesday seems to be having an effect on wholesale prices over $500/mwh throughout the NI currently