sharetrader
Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 1987

Thread: Meridian Float

  1. #1966
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    They could potentially mothball the plant. a.k.a kick the cleanup can down the road for a while.

  2. #1967
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,894

    Default

    Whatever the reason, MEL is one of the few stocks showing a price rise today - so far.

    As you were...…….I spoke too soon!

    Last edited by macduffy; 28-02-2020 at 02:06 PM.

  3. #1968
    Senior Member Marilyn Munroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Spilling at Benmore Aviemore & Waitaki today.

    Boop boop de do
    Mariyn

  4. #1969
    sunny day member black knat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Also into the Pukaki River from the lake today. The Pukaki River can be dry for years at stretch.

  5. #1970
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    106

    Default

    There was a good editorial article in the NBR last November 'Rio Tinto must take us for mugs.' https://www.nbr.co.nz/analysis/rio-t...t-take-us-mugs

  6. #1971
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There was a good editorial article in the NBR last November 'Rio Tinto must take us for mugs.' https://www.nbr.co.nz/analysis/rio-t...t-take-us-mugs
    Times have changed.If aluminium demands drop and prices fall dramatically eg if coronavirus pandemic keeps progressing they could mothball the plant .

  7. #1972
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,422

    Default

    X div on Monday. Mkt not worrying about tiwai because departure(staged) is built into the s/p or market is calling Rios Bluff

  8. #1973
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,422

    Default

    Having said that power companies off their highs today CEN gone into the red atm.

  9. #1974
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bolivia.
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    X div on Monday. Mkt not worrying about tiwai because departure(staged) is built into the s/p or market is calling Rios Bluff
    $250m+ in remediation costs, and also Rio have to get Sumitomo on board - they own 20%.

  10. #1975
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    10

    Default

    If you buy MEL on Monday 30th do you receive dividend?

  11. #1976
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,422

    Default

    Today was the last day to buy cum (with)divi. Ex dividend means without dividend on the date specified. The mkt or anybody didnt seem interested in buying for the div, i guess because of the Tiwai decision by the end of march unless they extend maybe.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 27-03-2020 at 10:12 PM.

  12. #1977
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    15,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    $250m+ in remediation costs, and also Rio have to get Sumitomo on board - they own 20%.
    Rio might take the view that the costs and timing of same are quite different than many might imagine. In any event we have seen massive shut down's of vehicle production from many manufacturers and demand for aluminium must be very weak.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  13. #1978
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Rio might take the view that the costs and timing of same are quite different than many might imagine. In any event we have seen massive shut down's of vehicle production from many manufacturers and demand for aluminium must be very weak.
    Going to be a big hit to the EV community too when there is no more money for subsidies and other such nonsense. People will now also not have the money to buy virtue signalling modes of transport.

  14. #1979
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Going to be a big hit to the EV community too when there is no more money for subsidies and other such nonsense. People will now also not have the money to buy virtue signalling modes of transport.
    Maybe not.I suspect more people die from air pollution in cities than corvid-19 will.
    Also we do not buy EV because its a virtue signal but because we perceive virtues such as acceleration,quietness,no fumes,less costs to run etc

  15. #1980
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Maybe not.I suspect more people die from air pollution in cities than corvid-19 will.
    Also we do not buy EV because its a virtue signal but because we perceive virtues such as acceleration,quietness,no fumes,less costs to run etc
    There are many that do not buy for a virtue signal, but a lot of the Tesla buyers are exactly that. Its a look at me kinda thing. Time will tell. EV sales were already plateauing before Covid-19 so this will put the brakes on even more. I do see decreased demand for electricity in the next few years. Interesting times for the Power shares.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •