sharetrader
Page 102 of 246 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2456
    Membaa

Fwiw, my $ set aside for payment. Very happy to convert to MEL, for the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Due to the short time allowable for making payments it is conceivable that some will simply not pay, and those shares could appear on the market.

I know that I will likely be travelling in may and I had to check that I would be in a position to receive the details on how to pay within the time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Fwiw, my $ set aside for payment. Very happy to convert to MEL, for the long game.
    Same here, looking forward to having some crisp new MEL shares 😊

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Same here. It is not the cost that concerned me, but the fact that during part of that payment period 6th - 16th May, I intend to be travelling and may not have access to a computer to retrieve emails and make payments. Fortunately I shall be home on most of those days so can manage OK. But as early payment is not permitted, it is conceivable that some people will be out of the country or unable to access any of the payment methods even though they have the funds ready and want to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Same here. It is not the cost that concerned me, but the fact that during part of that payment period 6th - 16th May, I intend to be travelling and may not have access to a computer to retrieve emails and make payments. Fortunately I shall be home on most of those days so can manage OK. But as early payment is not permitted, it is conceivable that some people will be out of the country or unable to access any of the payment methods even though they have the funds ready and want to pay.
    Exactly. A bit like Russia, years ago, or NZ, years ago. Pay when I tell you to pay. Early payment is a crime, punished by losing shares!!! Actually, quite unbelievable.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    A few points we need to think about in future.

"Electricity demand would require about a decade to recover if Tiwai pt closed a government report says"

"Tiwai used re 13 % of national electricity usage in 2013"

"The ministries modelling suggests that the smelters decision relating to production levels beyond 2017 are finely balanced"

"The smelter can terminate the contract completely from Jan 2017 provided it gives 15 months notice" Oct 2015?

The smelter says it pays some of the highest power prices in the world

"There is still considerable uncertainty about future production and decommissioning the smelter after 2017...."

There are 8 scenarios listed ranging from closure to less MW usage

A positive i wasn't aware of is that the smelter is not old and inefficient but is" one of the most efficient in the world"

Transmission costs also talked about re re being the highest in the world for a smelter.

Transmission costs have gone up but power cheaper than 8 years ago.

Has anyone heard any more specific info regarding capital return? There was some mention that it was contingent on Tiwai supply contract continuation, but I have not heard any more about it.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Recycling old jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendigger View Post
    Same here, looking forward to having some crisp new MEL shares 
    Actually they just paint over the 'CA' with correction fluid and then send them back. It is allowing the fluid to dry properly which is the cause of all the delay.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Actually they just paint over the 'CA' with correction fluid and then send them back. It is allowing the fluid to dry properly which is the cause of all the delay.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    ugh... correction fluid is so tacky, they couldn't afford to re-print them?

IMO

CME group Aluminium futures are ,from April 2015 1986.50 with a steady rise to 2386.75 in Mar 2017.
    Have no idea whatsoever re accuracy here but the trend looks positive for Tiwai albeit just one strand to factor in.

Membaa

Is there an energy sector guru in the house? Could you explain please what is between the lines here.

Tiwai Point aluminium smelter 'squarely in the black'

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-black-analyst

After negotiation with Meridian in 2013, the smelter got a price cut on 572MW of supply from 2013 to 2016. But to keep the lower price after that the smelter must cut the amount supplied through the contract to 400MW. It must make that decision by the end of 2015.

On face value it seems to say that the smelter is unlikely to shut shop, that's encouraging; that 572MW (per annum?) energy is committed to be used to retain the special price through 2016; that using 400MW would retain the special price after 2016; therefore freeing up 172MW that MEL can sell into the wholesale market (if there's a market that can absorb it?), at better margins; with that smelter balance of 172MW being distributed to another supplier, Contact maybe, presumably at a special price.