sharetrader
Page 119 of 246 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2458

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Or using the extension to string Meridian (and Govt) along for another month.....??
    Yeah, I'll go along with another round of stringing the Gov't on this one.

Agree. I recon the government will be throwing the kitchen sink at Rio to keep this open & Rio will milk it for what its worth.
    A $500M clean up bill is a pretty good reason to try & milk the NZ taxpayer for more.

Or using the extension to string Meridian (and Govt) along for another month.....??
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Yep...Its a cat and mouse game...and no prize for guessing who's the mouse

Investor

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/76236...i-pt-open-govt

Not according to JK, good on him, its time govt shown them the stick, so does Meridian.

They (NZAS) had their fair share of taxpayers money, not anymore. If they were to shut and go, it might dampen the whole market in the medium term, but will sort out in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Not according to JK, good on him, its time govt shown them the stick, so does Meridian.

They (NZAS) had their fair share of taxpayers money, not anymore. If they were to shut and go, it might dampen the whole market in the medium term, but will sort out in the long run.
    lol but they might give them 50m by changing electricity tariffs
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

I think the market assumed the Govt wasn't going to throw more money at this, hence the market uncertainty...

Another angle not visible yet to this pleb...My question "how excited are the other suppliers in picking up this 172 MW parcel?"......Is there enough profit in it after assessing the future risk?...maybe this could partly be the reason which has caused a month extension?....

thoughts???.
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-07-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Yep agree & there aren't may things I agree on in regards Key.
    Being the cynic I am I wonder if he knows its a done deal to stay open bar the pricing?
    If it closes all of NZ barring Southland will be better off.
    If I'm Rio & I'm still making a buck in a very depressed ali market & the alternative is to pay a massive clean up bill, it stays open.

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Another angle not visible yet to this pleb...My question "how excited are the other suppliers in picking up this 172 MW parcel?"......Is there enough profit in it after assessing the future risk?...maybe this could partly be the reason which has caused a month extension?....
    Its not whether there is profit in selling the 172MW, it is what costs/losses are avoided by ensuring NZAS stays open. MEL is doing its bit with the 400MW so has laid it on the table that it wants one of the other 4 Gentailers to pick up the slack for the balance. Those four are obviously pointing at each other hoping anyone but them takes the hit. I wonder if we will see that syndicated and shared amount all 4. Getting 4 parties to agree in % share and a rate would take a lot of time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Being the cynic I am I wonder if he knows its a done deal to stay open bar the pricing?
    He knows because he 'owns' 50% of 3 of the 5 Gentailers. Hell know they are squabbling over details and this way it ensures it isn't the government paying the cash, but the gentailers taking the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yep...Its a cat and mouse game...and no prize for guessing who's the mouse
    It's not me. I hate Cats as well.