sharetrader
Page 133 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2458

went to the agm, good stuff glad to see there presentation and thoughts on future tech, getting close to breaking out of the consolidation.
    one step ahead of the herd

Was there something significant in Meridian's monthly operating report to spark a 3% lift in SP today? Any other reason that anyone can shed light on?

All generators incl MEL have been sold off over the past few days for no apparent reason (except CEN). Today all the generators are up. Probably just pre-Christmas book balancing

Problems in China. A price war with oil. Saudi leading that war. Zero interest rates for ordinary bank depositors in UK for example.
    Query, what is the influence on the SP of our generator stocks? All ideas welcome. Sell? Hold? Buy?

Guru

Some TA sell signals appearing as they always do when a stock is testing its support boundaries..Chartwise MEL is holding up OK at this moment considering the global equity storm..
    However MEL hasn't much more room to work with..dropping below $2.25 would probably sound off the air raid sirens.
    At time of posting MEL is $2.28 down 1.5c

EDIT: ...Disc I have no shares in MEL..

Last edited by Hoop; 08-01-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Great graph , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Problems in China. A price war with oil. Saudi leading that war. Zero interest rates for ordinary bank depositors in UK for example.
    Query, what is the influence on the SP of our generator stocks? All ideas welcome. Sell? Hold? Buy?
    My thoughts (definitely not any sort of a recommendation)

NZ generators SP will initially get caught in the current market sell-sell-sell sheep-mentality and be sold down, but less than most other stocks. Then the SP will rise as people remember they are very high yielding defensive stocks with captive markets, partial government ownership and tangible assets.

The timeframe for this to play out is more hazy to me, which makes buy/sell decisions more difficult. Currently I'm holding GNE & CEN. And I won't be buying anything until volatility decreases

It's as if I have a slow puncture. Not much noise, but the tyre slowly loses pressure.
    Finding the leak is of course a problem. It might be the valve. Or anything. Should I take the shares to the local garage for repair?

Banned

Hi all

i have a question in relation to solar power.

If solar power becomes more common (because panels are cheap and batteries become more efficient and cheap), which of the gentailers will be hurt the worst, and who will do ok?

I understand that a bit of solar energy/battery uptake is not a bad thing for some gentailers because it means that the peak demand gets smoothed out and there is less need to bring on stream the more expensive fossil fuel burning stations.

Thoughts?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    Hi all

i have a question in relation to solar power.

If solar power becomes more common (because panels are cheap and batteries become more efficient and cheap), which of the gentailers will be hurt the worst, and who will do ok?

I understand that a bit of solar energy/battery uptake is not a bad thing for some gentailers because it means that the peak demand gets smoothed out and there is less need to bring on stream the more expensive fossil fuel burning stations.

Thoughts?
    Maybe Genesis Energy would be best off? Because Genesis Energy are already building a solar power network!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7