sharetrader
Page 53 of 246 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Meanwhile, MRP has just touched $2.23. Why all the interest in Meridian when MRP could well be a better, and cheaper, buy?
    MRP does generate 30% of NZ electricity, but Manipouri, and Twizel power has to be sold at a discount to the normal price. Due to transmission losses.
    Further, if NZ First buys back all generators we stand to make a decent profit from them on MRP at $2.50 a share.
    A further minor point about the difference between MRP and Meridian is that Meridian has a large canal system, with its associated infrastructure, to maintain. MRP just uses the Waikato river. I do not know what effect that has on the bottom line of the two companies.

Guru

So after being forced to restate their SSH to below 5% (I think they were probably right the first time but not politically beneficial) the New Yorkers have gone out and bought more. Now hold over 10% of the IR or 5% of the company.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

What are holder's thoughts on renationalisation of MEL/MRP with "compensation" only going to those with proven need?

What kind of twisted, mutant policy is this type of garbage? Even for an idea?

I seem to recall when the company now known as Kiwirail was sold, the commie Labour government paid through the nose to renationalise it.

Are holders going to stand for this rot if it becomes reality?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...at-on-Cunliffe

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    What are holder's thoughts on renationalisation of MEL/MRP with "compensation" only going to those with proven need?
    That idea wont float. The least they could get away with is repurchase at list price (or MV in MRP case??).

And even that would be very unlikely to happen I would think.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I seem to recall when the company now known as Kiwirail was sold, the commie Labour government paid through the nose to renationalise it.

Obviously Cunnliffe is a mole; this can only be a work of genius to destroy the Left from the inside.
    Thanks to whoever set up this subterfuge; my week is now complete.

Another high priority policy.......gee, they are looking good aren't they?

* A prohibition on school boards of trustees restricting same-sex partners from attending school balls

Seems to me they have just handed the staggers the perfect out i.e. too much political risk to hold MEL shares.

Did I read that 20% of MEL installment receipts were stagged? - - - Has anyone calculated what that is worth to the country's sharebrokers? - - - And I guess they didn't arrange the float in the first place for love. I think I might be in the wrong business.
    Romer

Where do you get this idea of compensation. Why should a holder be compensated for making a potentially bad decision. It was well known pre float that Labour / Greens may tinker with this market. Some of us assessed the risk and for me I decided it wasn't worth it since I had originally planned to stag these floats. I didn't buy so if it goes belly up so be it. If you hold and it goes belly up same applies. But you can't say you weren't warned. The flip side is of course that since I didn't buy I can't complain about not repeaping the benefit of capital gain on MRP or dividend yield on MEL. That's my loss. Wheres my compo for being put off these deals. There is none and I don't expect any.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Where do you get this idea of compensation. .
    compensation = buying them off you
    No compensation = stealing them

We were warned on kiwi power but not on re nationalisation without compensation.