sharetrader
Page 75 of 246 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    because hes Wussell from the Wild West and has no clue about how to operate a free market economy. bit touchy today are we?

im not a misanthropist; i hate all politicians equally
    I see. I genuinely thought there was a reason why you think lisping is amusing as ad hominem but now I see it's just an all purpose insult because you don't agree with his politics.
    Last edited by okane; 09-12-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Just like Australia has a Mr Wabbot as PM

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just like Australia has a Mr Wabbot as PM

Is he a "wascally wabbit"?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    So the communists are going to hold to ransom the price of MEL by threatening their electricity purchasing policy, then act like good guys for buying it up cheaply - what a crock.
    True. But given lots of people will probably sell down at least part of their holding to pay for the final instalment, this 'plan' removes a substantial overhang from the market prior to due date.

In fact, Key should probably adopt it - he probably loves the idea as a trader but He couldn't suggest it himself as it would be another 'crony capitalism' idea.

Quote Originally Posted by okane View Post
    Why do you call him "Wussell"? Is it because greens have an association with homosexuality? To my mind a lisp has a stronger association with the British aristocracy, who are usually right wing.

The most prominent politician with a lisp in New Zealand is Rodney Hide, again a conservative not a liberal.
    No. It's just a mix of Russell and Weasel.

So the communists are going to hold to ransom the price of MEL by threatening their electricity purchasing policy, then act like good guys for buying it up cheaply - what a crock.
    Can't let that one go.

The Greens all along have said they are completely opposed to the asset sales, just as National have said they want to push ahead with them. The Greens are trying to come up with solutions to support their stance and good on them. We get to vote next election.

If you think this is a crock robbo24, then you are welcome to leave NZ for a more suitable polictal climate such as Zimbabwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Can't let that one go.

The Greens all along have said they are completely opposed to the asset sales, just as National have said they want to push ahead with them. The Greens are trying to come up with solutions to support their stance and good on them. We get to vote next election.

If you think this is a crock robbo24, then you are welcome to leave NZ for a more suitable polictal climate such as Zimbabwe.
    Thanks I'll consider leaving for a more suitable "polictal" climate.

I'm certainly not impressed by the idea that opposition parties bring about a drop in share price with politically oriented threats with the clear intention of using that drop in price to buy up the shares later.

You don't seem to refute my idea of what the Greens are doing - which seems to verify my notion.

If they weren't proposing to buy on behalf of the Crown (if elected) then they would arguably fall fowl of the legislative prohibition on making statements intended to manipulate the market.

Thanks I'll consider leaving for a more suitable "polictal" climate.

I'm certainly not impressed by the idea that opposition parties bring about a drop in share price with politically oriented threats with the clear intention of using that drop in price to buy up the shares later.

You don't seem to refute my idea of what the Greens are doing - which seems to verify my notion.

If they weren't proposing to buy on behalf of the Crown (if elected) then they would arguably fall fowl of the legislative prohibition on making statements intended to manipulate the market.
    The problem is that one political party has pushed ahead with the asset sales, while other major parties are opposed. It was National who has made this a politcal football. The Greens (regardless of whether we agree with them) are quite within their rights to come up with policies to support their agenda. They are not doing it to manipulate the SP of any of the SOEs - to suggest that is rediculous. Also to suggest the Greens are making us an unattractive investment destination is also a load of rubbish.

I'll remind you all:

(i) We have MMP.
    (ii) The asset sales were clearly opposed by other major political parties.

Any savvy investor would have considered this. To take this out on one politcal party shows how narrow minded some of you are.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    The problem is that one political party has pushed ahead with the asset sales, while other major parties are opposed. It was National who has made this a political football. The Greens (regardless of whether we agree with them) are quite within their rights to come up with policies to support their agenda. They are not doing it to manipulate the SP of any of the SOEs - to suggest that is ridiculous. Also to suggest the Greens are making us an unattractive investment destination is also a load of rubbish.
    Given the rest of your post, I am not sure how you can say National have made this a political football. They campaigned on it and under MMP, they won. To say they cant progress with the one of their main policies they campaigned on is just wrong.

Greens can do what they like, and I think it is good they come up with their policies in advance. However, the timing of the KiwiPower announcement was a bit disingenuous. It was clearly planned as a political stunt. It wasn't very well thought out despite the amount of time they had to come up with it and the amount of time and taxpayers money they had invested in the referendum, which again, is just a political stunt.

Price holding steady at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Given the rest of your post, I am not sure how you can say National have made this a political football. They campaigned on it and under MMP, they won. To say they cant progress with the one of their main policies they campaigned on is just wrong.

Greens can do what they like, and I think it is good they come up with their policies in advance. However, the timing of the KiwiPower announcement was a bit disingenuous. It was clearly planned as a political stunt. It wasn't very well thought out despite the amount of time they had to come up with it and the amount of time and taxpayers money they had invested in the referendum, which again, is just a political stunt.

Price holding steady at the moment.
    The point is that unless National had agreement from the other parties it was always going to become a political football. There are some things that are bigger than a single political party. What did National think was going to happen? Once the SOEs are sold, job done?

I agree that the Greens have been scrambling, probably to take any impetus away from Labour.