sharetrader
Page 82 of 246 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    I'm surprised MEL doesn't get much chatter on this forum, or is there another thread somewhere else regards Meridian?

Anyhow, just wondering peoples thoughts on the possible reaction come Monday on the back of the sell off of the US solar stuff, as well as the news about Tiwai and their 20 million back pay saga. Will that flow through to the Meridian SP?

I have a sell order for some of my stock at $1.25 but I am thinking there's not too much chance of that going through anymore in the near future............
    As I see it the biggest risk is if Labour gets in. However, they can't even lead a heard of cattle with their current structure so I wouldn't hold much hope for them.

Guru

The US solar was probably a distraction. It would have made since if it was highly profitable (it wasn't) or they could translate their experience to NZ but Solar isn't viable for a power co to sell. It is marginal for a Network company but only if used for peaks heeding, hence Vector trailing a battery pack.

Doesn't make sense for houses, but may for businesses that operate during the day.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The US solar was probably a distraction. It would have made since if it was highly profitable (it wasn't) or they could translate their experience to NZ but Solar isn't viable for a power co to sell. It is marginal for a Network company but only if used for peaks heeding, hence Vector trailing a battery pack.

Doesn't make sense for houses, but may for businesses that operate during the day.
    I'd have thought that solar was a good way of keeping water behind the dam, so reducing weather risk.

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    I'm surprised MEL doesn't get much chatter on this forum, or is there another thread somewhere else regards Meridian?

I have a sell order for some of my stock at $1.25 but I am thinking there's not too much chance of that going through anymore in the near future............
    has anybody seen the Craig's analysis which values MELCA at $1.65? I saw it in a table presented in the Genesis pre-IPO presentations, but they have since been taken down.

you might be selling yourself short at $1.25.....if the threat by the lefties can be put to bed, these will get cracking to the upside after September

discl: hold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    has anybody seen the Craig's analysis which values MELCA at $1.65? I saw it in a table presented in the Genesis pre-IPO presentations, but they have since been taken down.

you might be selling yourself short at $1.25.....if the threat by the lefties can be put to bed, these will get cracking to the upside after September

discl: hold
    Edison have a DCF valuation at $1.86 as at 7th March 2014 and a "cautiously optimistic" message. Thus an installment receipt valuation of $1.36.

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....ridian-energy1

Lot's can happen with the cyclicality of storage, and I've always thought that over time that GNE and MEL will have an out of phase seasonal cycle. Still a little to close to the IPO's for all that just yet, both seem to look ok for now.
    Last edited by MAC; 18-05-2014 at 08:59 PM.

IMO

Craigs have a target price on meridian of $1.28 as at 1st of april (overweight recco) , their most recent research note.

Has anyone any thoughts on how meridian share price will move around the time of the final installment payback?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by McGyro View Post
    Has anyone any thoughts on how meridian share price will move around the time of the final installment payback?
    I expect a little weakness in the SP when holders get the demand for the final payment.
    Once that is out of way the SP price will adjust to include the 50 cents per share payment. Not a big deal as far as I am concerned.I know how much money I need to pay.
    Last edited by percy; 27-05-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Looks like manapouri could be down two units sometime in the future. Interesting that only two units are showing the problem at the moment.

http://www.energynews.co.nz/news-sto...ment-manapouri

Quote Originally Posted by rbel038 View Post
    Looks like manapouri could be down two units sometime in the future. Interesting that only two units are showing the problem at the moment.

http://www.energynews.co.nz/news-sto...ment-manapouri

Nope, I refuse to sign up!