sharetrader

Question Interactive Brokers for US trading?

Looking to switch to a broker that allows trigger orders in the US.
    Anyone have experience with Interactive Brokers?
    Seems like you don't need a foreign bank account like etrade.
    Any other recommendations for platforms that allow triggers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    I use them, they are pretty good, and very cheap. You select one base currency for your account, then you can buy/sell forex to obtain the $ to trade on overseas markets. So you control the exchange rate timing. Its nice being able to park your cash in US$ while you think about what to do with it :-)
    KW, what are the general fees for using interactive brokers? Having a browse around there site now just wondering, since your a user, what you experience.

I use them, they are pretty good, and very cheap. You select one base currency for your account, then you can buy/sell forex to obtain the $ to trade on overseas markets. So you control the exchange rate timing. Its nice being able to park your cash in US$ while you think about what to do with it :-)
    KW, what are the general fees for using interactive brokers? Having a browse around there site now just wondering, since your a user, what you experience.

I haven't used them for a couple of years, but when I used them you couldn't accept capital raising offers. Anyone know if this is still
    the case? Cheapest brokerage in Oz I believe is CMC at $9.90 per trade. Also I think IB charge about $10 per month account fee if you
    don't trade regularly, and charge a lot for market depth.

I just subscribed for the AHZ rights offer, plus put in a request for extra shares.
    You've sent your $$ already KW? What if they suddenly dive to 2c?
    Did you apply for any shortfall btw?
    I haven't received my offer yet (proud owner of 10 shares.)

Ah I see, looks like everything is done differently with IB. I'd view the offer closing five days early as a major negative since I usually BPay my
    money off on the final day (unless it's a great offer like this one, in which case the company sometimes closes the offer early.) I want as few
    days as possible between sending off my hard-earned and getting the shares (if any).

Thanks for the replies. I went through the sign up process but it looks like, based on the limited number of trades I make a year, I'm ineligible to join.
    Are there any other platforms that allow trigger orders on US markets?
    Thanks