sharetrader
Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default MCY Mercury NZ ( MRP Mighty River Power)

No one seems to be posting any more on the thread entitled "who's in for the Mighty River Power float. Any investors want to blog about ongoing prospects for MRP?
    Last edited by STMOD; 29-07-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: company name change

MRP price expected face pressure with the looming of meridian ipo, but actually last couple weeks the price seems strongly recovered from all-time low $2.16, bought few more at $2.17, interesting to see what's going on when meridian ipo started, decided to buy into all up coming SOE ipo.

Divvies being paid on Monday, funny to see a little uptrend over last week to $2.30.

The Board has declared a fully imputed final dividend of 7.2 cents per share (cps), in line with the IPO forecast and paid less than five months after listing. This brings total dividends declared in FY2013 to $168 million (or 12cps), which represents a gross dividend yield of 6.7% on the IPO price of $2.50.

For the coming financial year, FY2014, the Board remains comfortable with our IPO forecasts of significant growth in EBITDAF, reflecting the earnings contribution from the new Ngatamariki geothermal plant. The forecasts at the time of the IPO also anticipated an 8.3% increase in fully imputed full year dividends from 12cps to 13cps for FY2014. Based on our share price on 20 September, this represents a gross yield of 8.1%.
    Can't complain too much, it's exactly what people calculated it would be at the IPO and then some.

Annual report is what it is: https://www.nzx.com/companies/MRP/announcements/241788

With the Dividends today and the amount of MRP shares I've collected at 2.17. At the current share price I've finally broken even on my initial IPO investment if I sold tomorrow. Pretty happy at the moment hopefully once meridian is done the price may hold at 2.30 for awhile *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by PartyPooper; 30-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    With the Dividends today and the amount of MRP shares I've collected at 2.17. At the current share price I've finally broken even on my initial IPO investment if I sold tomorrow. Pretty happy at the moment hopefully once meridian is done the price may hold at 2.30 for awhile *fingers crossed*
    But didn't the Greens convince us that power companies were making SUPERPROFITS?

Where's all the damn SUPERPROFITS?

Clearly we need a single buyer model......... Hahaha

Veteran novice

MRP has just announced a share buyback. Who picked that one?

http://www.mightyriver.co.nz/Media-C...k-program.aspx
    Last edited by macduffy; 10-10-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    MRP has just announced a share buyback. Who picked that one?
    Never saw that coming. Good use of cash, especially if there are insufficient IC's to fully impute.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Will also reduce the 'bonus share' liability on those retail holders who sell. Incremental, but still saves a few bob.

Advanced Member

Another thought.......who will they buy the shares from ? Major holder is the government. 50:50 government and market ? Or just market ? If just market....then ratio of Government owned shares to public will alter. How would they determine price to buy from Government ?