sharetrader
Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1478

On the way up to $4... Not a bad trip for those who bought in at 2.50, nearly 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    On the way up to $4... Not a bad trip for those who bought in at 2.50, nearly 6 years ago.
    A rather slow trip, early April 2016 SP $2.86, same month 2017 $3.18, 2018 $ 3.26, and today $3.87, check back at Christmas (no particular year) it may have reached the $4.00 mark.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Well much to my surprise I have a few MRP shares sitting in the shoe box in the corner looking a little unloved.
    If I ever come up with a good reason for why they are here (short term rising price and volume probably) I will let you know.
    If they resume their decline I will shoo them out.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Bought at $2, 5 years ago. Never got round to telling them to leave.

Also bought a few more since then.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Bought at $2, 5 years ago. Never got round to telling them to leave.

Also bought a few more since then.
    once they bought into Tilt I felt the strategy must confirm their confidence in windpower in the right conditions .
    With consents ,planning and contracts in place they could be running sooner than expected-?at the end of winter.
    Windpower compliments hydro and starting small but with provision to rapidly expand is a good strategy confirming my confidence in the company.
    It is my biggest investment for my impeding retirement

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    has the lowest yield of all the gentailers , people probably view others for yield as a better investment for income eg gne
    one step ahead of the herd

It seems to me that as the CO2 taxes bite these are the best positioned.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12215148
    I am curious as to why a power company needs such ritzy digs in one of the most expensive parts of Auckland and I am quite pleased that this is one utility I chose not to invest in after reading this.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12215148
    I am curious as to why a power company needs such ritzy digs in one of the most expensive parts of Auckland and I am quite pleased that this is one utility I chose not to invest in after reading this.
    From the perspective of a (very small) Augusta shareholder it looks like an excellent use of MCY shareholders' funds to me.

Investor

Looks like its day of downgrades today..

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/333499

"18 April 2019 – Mercury announced today that it has revised its FY2019 EBITDAF guidance from $515 million to $495 million. This is due to an expected 150 GWh reduction in full year forecast hydro generation due to continued dry weather in the Taupo area. Based on hydro generation year to date and the current below average Taupo lake level, this 150 GWh reduction is forecast to mostly occur in Q4-FY2019. FY2019 annual hydro generation is now forecast to be 4,000 GWh in line with the historic average."

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looks like its day of downgrades today..

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/333499

"18 April 2019 – Mercury announced today that it has revised its FY2019 EBITDAF guidance from $515 million to $495 million. This is due to an expected 150 GWh reduction in full year forecast hydro generation due to continued dry weather in the Taupo area. Based on hydro generation year to date and the current below average Taupo lake level, this 150 GWh reduction is forecast to mostly occur in Q4-FY2019. FY2019 annual hydro generation is now forecast to be 4,000 GWh in line with the historic average."
    Today in CEN's March op report - Taranaki Combined Cycle plant, "entered into an agreement that will enable sustained operation ." Looks like big early winter price spikes around peak periods could be ahead. That's more bad news for Flick et al. Cen's South Island storage looks good.