Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
The hog is trying to get this straight.

MRP is "well run". Opinion.

Supplies energy to NI. Yes.

Geothermal 24/7. Yes.

CS cable. Yes.

How does the above lead one to the conclusion that $2.25 is good value?

$2.15 close today says Mr Market disagrees with you.

The hog presumes you were lining up to soak up anything under $2.25 today?
As a maintenance engineer, at least in my previous life, I have to weigh up how close the customers are to the supply chain. Each extra link in the chain provides an additional concern. The fact that MRP is not reliant on the Cook Strait Cable becomes important, plus the very long DC link for Meridan is important. All links need maintenance and can fail. MRP equally relies on the Grid. But it is shorter. So less reliance on it.
Which brings me to Hanmer. I was in the Hot Pools. Chatting to a few Maori chaps from Timaru. Who were working maintaining the link. They have a good head for heights. To stop being 'Racist' the Company decided to employ a Whitey to also do the job. The Maoris were suspected of hunting Wild Pigs in the Firms Time. So Whitey went with them.
He got to the top of the pylon, onto the arm. Then froze. Could not move. So they tied him onto the cross arm and sent for the Fire Service to rescue him. They used a very long rope. The Rope Went to the ground. A few chaps down below were holding the rope.
The frozen chap relaxed a bit. Help was on its way.
My Maori Mate then,

Pushed Whitey off the arm. He dropped say 5 metres and he was then lowered to the ground.
What could the Fire Service Do?

Today, of course, we would need Health & Safety to advise.
I have now bought another lot of MRP to balance my power stations. Two thirds North Island, one third South Island.

Enjoy the Week-end. Mouse.